Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-29-2007, 01:25 AM
BoginDA
Fire Beetle

Default Comprehensive Setup and Configuration Guide

I've been trying to get my windows EQ server setup now for a couple of days and am running into problems. I've been jumping from configuration guide to configuration guide following the steps but still nothing. What I think the problem might be is that there isn't one guide that takes you from an empty server to users being able to log in. Most of the guides I have found take you only through one small part of the process, and many of them are using different and out of date version of the software.

If there is already a full tutorial out there, for the current version, and I haven't found it I would appreciate a link. If not I suggest one be written and posted on the main webpage and possibly as a sticky thread on the message boards.

Thanks
Old 10-29-2007, 01:58 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Did you look in the Wikki?
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...CategoryServer
Old 10-29-2007, 11:34 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

What this project needs is a good repack.

~winks~
Old 10-29-2007, 11:42 AM
leslamarch
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams View Post
What this project needs is a good repack.

~winks~
I wonder who has one of those *wink*
Old 10-29-2007, 11:44 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

shh! or I'll get flamed again by some old schooler who thinks you have to be retarded to not be able to set up an emulator from scratch!

PM me, BoginDA. We'll talk.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:11 PM
techguy84
Discordant

JOHN ADAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SAAAYYYYY NOOOO TOOO REPACKS!!!!!!!!

/end bashing of someone who thinks you should set the server up the hard way....

A repack is okay, but it must be maintained, and must offer some support incase it goes wrong. If you just throw one out, and it sits for 2 to 3 months while everything else keeps updating, then, that repack really wasnt worth the time or effort.

If it can be maintained, kept up to date, and has someone that can be responsible for its issues, then I give it a big WOOT WOOT.

Hopefully that person will not put thier email address in it and get pissed off 5 months down the road and yank it all away... (/hide)
Old 10-31-2007, 01:28 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Nah, I disagree that someone who makes the effort to provide a simpler solution needs to somehow be 'obligated' to support it eternally. Look at how your situation turned out... you are one of the more helpful members I have seen around here in a while, and you got all the wrong kinds of attention for your efforts.

I packaged EQEmu-0.7.0-931 specifically to match the Release of PEQ's Luclin DB -only-. I had no intention of providing weekly patches to keep it up to date. I did it so there was a stable Core and DB that matched a similar release date. Many new community members were having a fit of a time getting things to work. I offered it to a small handful of admins who "tested" it out for me, and reported it worked flawlessly. The only time I got a question was when someone asked how to update it to custom DBs or current code - and I'm sorry to say, that is not the "core" reason for the repack. Besides, updating it is as simple as dropping 3 files into the dir and maybe running a SQL query. If that's too hard, too bad.

That is not to say I will not answer simple questions. But I do not feel obligated whatsoever. Plus, I'll only offer help from my site, not here. EQEmulators.net community does not support repacks, and I respect that.

I have just re-repacked for 1051 and PEQ's Ykesha Beta 1 DB. If someone wants to test it out, come to my site, register, and take it. =) And as I've said before, take the pack, modify it, enhance it, upgrade it, put your own name on it, I don't care. Just don't ask me for help.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:57 AM
leslamarch
Discordant

I have to agree with john on this, I gave his repack to my friend who does not have internet and can hardly install EQ with out calling me for support.
I Never received 1 Question after i gave her that repack, I did give her just a few pointers with the pack. To this day she still plays it and loves it, and is very Thankful to John and his efforts. I'm also very happy John released it, it saved me so much time trying to figure out how to help her play LOL!!!
THANKS JOHN!!!!
~LL~
Old 12-20-2007, 07:46 AM
akitto
Fire Beetle

Caveman made an awesome repack. But i dont think its up to date far as the DB goes. I know the eqemu is at least ver. 7

http://eqemu.sesmar.net/