Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Spell Support

Spell Support Broken Spells? Want them Fixed? Request it here.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:36 PM
Riklin
Hill Giant

Default Rage Of Zomm Magician Spell Broken

Attempted to tag on to an existing rage of zomm thread, but got complaints, so starting a new one.

Rage of Zomm was designed to work a very specific way. It is currently NOT working correctly and apparently never has.

It was designed to be an ADDITIONAL short term (cannot be commanded) pet. You start it during a battle, the pet immediately engages your target and fights it till either the pet is killed, the mob dies or the summoner (you) die. Once the battle is done, the pet is killed or you die, the Rage of Zomm pet despawns.

Right now, you can cast Rage of Zomm, but if you have a pet already, the Rage of Zomm pet wont spawn, with the message, "You cannot have more than one pet at a time."

You're not supposed to be able to have more than one ZOMM pet at a time, but you can still have a regular pet AND a ZOMM pet. Right now the Rage of Zomm spawns an actual earth elemental pet.

Again you are supposed to be able to cast this during a fight regardless of whether you have a pet or not, as long as you are engaged in combat. That's how it is supposed to work. It is DEFINITELY NOT supposed to be a NORMAL long duration pet! If you cast it and are not engaged in combat it the pet will spawn then immediately despawn.

This particular spell is actually a fairly important stepping stone spell for magicians. It gets them used to using secondary pets and special purpose pets. Therefore, this should be fairly important that it work correctly...

Rick (Halls Havoc)
Old 02-02-2015, 12:28 AM
Kayen
Developer

The spell data for a regular pet and rage of zomm are nearly identical in all respects so the fact it is just summoning a pet is no surprising.

Basically to make this functional we would need to define a new pet type and code this specific behavior in the source to handle it.

This pretty much the same issue with wizard flaming sword and cleric hammers.

Anyways I will see what I can do, have a pretty good idea of how to handle it.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:01 AM
Kayen
Developer

Well confirmed on live.

You CAN NOT summon rage of zomm while you have another pet spawned, it gives you the you can not have more than one pet at a time message.
Old 02-02-2015, 03:39 PM
Riklin
Hill Giant

Apologies. I got this mixed up with the magician Raging Servant spell. That spawns a short duration, high damage pet, that works alongside your existing pet.

Rage of Zomm still isn't working correctly though. It's supposed to disappear seconds after the mob dies, unless pointed to another target before the mob dies.

This spell is also completely worthless if you have your epic 1.0 pet or the lvl 61 pet, as they both outdamage it anyway...
Old 02-02-2015, 05:06 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Sorry we're not working to your schedule.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:07 AM
Kayen
Developer

This is now implemented.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:39 PM
Riklin
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonstar55 View Post
Sorry we're not working to your schedule.
I'm not quite sure how you meant this, but I wasn't EXPECTING anything to be done quickly. I have been in the software industry probably longer than any of you developers (since 1984!) and know how bugs/reported issues and resources work. I did my "do diligence" in reporting what I saw/thought was a bug or defect, in an attempt to help improve the overall product. I never stated anything in any way that could be interpreted as urgency or a need date!

Not everybody can be a programmer. Not everyone can be an architect. ANYONE can find something that doesn't look or seem to work correctly and can report it. The more bugs that are reported, the better the chance of a successful, quality project!

Amazing work has already been done here with this emulator. I'm just trying to help as I can...
Old 02-04-2015, 03:14 PM
Riklin
Hill Giant

Oh and Thank you Kayen!

As stated earlier, I did not expect anyone to fix this issue so quickly!
Old 02-05-2015, 10:06 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayen View Post
This is now implemented.
I seriously appreciate that. I had fixed many of these through LUA which is more hackish. I never thought about doing it through C++, definitely a cleaner solution. My C++ kung fu is slowly getting better, definitely feeling better about making changes.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:10 PM
Kayen
Developer

No prob.

There are not really many spell related issues that need to be fixed at this point So happy to take care of anything that pops up.