Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-06-2009, 01:24 AM
Ansley1
Sarnak

Topped 158 single players I believe...I've played EQ and Emu alot. Minus a few tards showing up every now and then in /ooc this is the funnest and best server in my opinion. Its a true challenge. Also kinda strange with only single boxing minus SK/Ranger people are playing what they want to and its pretty evened out.

Random Thoughts as they took it down for 15mins to fix something (i cant wait till its back up)
Old 10-06-2009, 09:28 AM
chewzok
Fire Beetle

I was only able to play for a short amount of time so far as i've been trying to get all the necessary files in place. First off, I love this server. Some of the chat from people figuring out just how far they have to travel now to get anywhere is too funny. I am not sure if those out there waiting for titanium disks have SoF or not but that is what I use at the moment until i can find some very very cheap titanium disks. I don't know what issues the different client has, but I am able to play though a little buggy.

-Uberface
Old 10-06-2009, 12:52 PM
Dantes
Fire Beetle

I was unable to play during the beta because of available time but it looks like it's time to make a new install so I can play on the server.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:07 PM
bigcountry23
Fire Beetle

Did a bit of Beta testing and enjoyed the server.

Was unable to log in on Monday, but have been playing since Monday. GREAT SERVER!!
Old 10-07-2009, 07:23 PM
icedern
Fire Beetle

Just ordered the Titanium disks tonight...
I haven't played everquest since Luclin was released. I cant wait to be a noob again!
Old 10-07-2009, 07:39 PM
Dibalamin
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedern View Post
Just ordered the Titanium disks tonight...
I haven't played everquest since Luclin was released. I cant wait to be a noob again!
So you'll be playing forever cause luclin will never be released!
Old 10-07-2009, 09:35 PM
Fridgecritter
Hill Giant

Default SPark

Well, you have sparked my interest again for EQ. I will be taking a look at this one, and tooling around on it. See you in game.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:41 PM
icedern
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibalamin View Post
So you'll be playing forever cause luclin will never be released!
Haha, I guess I should clarify. I quit original EQ when luclin was released. Didn't like all the changes that were happening. So this server will be exactly what i'm looking for!
Old 10-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Dibalamin
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedern View Post
Haha, I guess I should clarify. I quit original EQ when luclin was released. Didn't like all the changes that were happening. So this server will be exactly what i'm looking for!
Exactly =D
Old 10-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Meadowlands
Fire Beetle

People over at EQclassic.org are complaining you stole their code or something.... what is that about lol?
Old 10-09-2009, 11:09 PM
Dibalamin
Hill Giant

Thumbs down

They had a closed source project for the most part. Some folks wanted us to colab on the DB, but we were a bit ingrained in what we were doing to even consider splitting efforts.

We weren't part of it and as such would have had no chance to even see the source code much less steal it. Since Yeahlight has released their source; we have it, but we've always worked strictly with the Titanium client. We talked, generally at least monthly with some of their dev's, but trying to steal another projects source? Especially that source would be asinine. We'd have spent another year in development and I'd have committed suicide.

At one point we needed source help, but Ladoth found us and salvation and righteousness followed.

But, like I said, we knew folks on the project but never actively participated. And there are some folks from their project that can attest to that. I'm leaving them nameless out of respect to their privacy.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:34 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadowlands View Post
People over at EQclassic.org are complaining you stole their code or something.... what is that about lol?
We never said that. It's a couple of OLDER developers on EQClassic, NOT any of the present developers on Project1999, nor any of the past developers.

If anything, we welcome a project like this because it shows a large following for a classic server. At least I do.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:01 AM
Aija
Fire Beetle

Smile

I hope to see you all soon! My boyfriend and I are just waiting for Titanium to get here. We think they might be walking it here and may have been attacked by orcs though...

P.S. Although that does give me time to work on my banner for the contest!
Old 10-15-2009, 10:40 AM
szalab
Fire Beetle

Red face

I just want to get the official word from somebody here.

Will the Secrets of Faydwer clientwork on this server?

This is the server I want to be when my disks arrive in the mail partially for true nostalgia of the original game but also because the server is still so new. I wan't time to catch up!!!

Please, please tell me SOF works fine and that I don't have to wait another week to get Titanium disks.....
Old 10-15-2009, 10:44 AM
szalab
Fire Beetle

Oh by the way, how if the Enchanter scene looking on the server?

That was my original main character and despite the chance of starting anew I don't think this old dog wants to learn any new tricks. But if if there is a serious shortage of another class on the server I would rather be useful than a clone.

Oh, and are there enough people playing the evil races???

I'm so damn excited!!!