Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 10-13-2004, 12:46 AM
Cutter
Sarnak

Default when?

when will a stable version of 5.9DR2 be ready where you can

1. use a custom Database
2. perl issues all fixed
3. can log in without getting black screen after character creation

if there is a version of this already.. and im just missing something can someone point me to a tutorial..

i started a server today.. and everything was fine 5.9DR1
created my character and got a black screen upon entering world

i downloaded the 5.9dR1 version it has no map file there .. i got a error in my zserver saying it cannot find qrg map files

im thinking that could be the problem.. not sure

also.. i am using an existing database i had in 5.7DR6 but i added all the sql files and sourced them..
Old 10-13-2004, 01:41 AM
Malignus Wingnut
Hill Giant

The map files, I'm not entirely sure what they do but I do know they give your mobs LoS. If you dont have map files, mobs will not agro or assist. I dont have then and my sever runs fine.
Old 10-13-2004, 02:13 AM
Cutter
Sarnak

where can i find the map files? my server is based on agro...

i really wished when they release version it would include everything..

example.. i downloaded 5.9dR2 which i am trying to get up and running.. switching from 5.7dr6

well this version has no boot5zones.bat only the zone.exe and zonedebug

other problems... its been my experience that you should be able to connect to a server before attempting to create your own server.. saves alot of headaches...

well im trying to connect to a 5.9DR2 server now.. and get black screened.. i get to server select but i am yet to connect to any 5.9DR2 server.. is this caused by not patching the advanced parts in live... where you click the OOW box.. then download? im at a lost here...

only reason im switching over for the last 2 days.. 5.7dr6 seems to be having problems with thier login.. when you connect server list is black..
Old 10-13-2004, 02:17 AM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer
Current EQ2Emu Lead Developer

it sounds like your having problems with either your computer or your everquest files. patch to live, verify you can login correctly on eqlive and then try again.