Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 04-16-2018, 10:38 PM
Tegila
Hill Giant

Default Housing and placeables?

I looked way back and didn't see any mention of it, but I was wondering if anyone was working on the housing feature at all. I saw the zone (1, not instances but fine for lan seever) and checked merchants..empty, so I summoned a house to check it out. I couldn't buy a plot obviously either, but when I put the house on the ground it DoD at least look like a little cottage. Object permanence, creation of instances zone inside, and whatnot all would be required to make this functional.

My question is if anyone has been working on this at all. Totally different aspect of the game and presumably it's own complete branch of coding. I know it's a lot newer than nearly everything that is in the stock emu code, but other aspects that are totally new and not just newer upgraded progression do exist, like mercenaries, all but I think maybe 1 vetaa (live doesn't appear to have made any new since about 2014) I see some discussion about ornamentations etc and thus is that era. Being such a totally different aspect of the game I figure either someone likes it and is working on it, or noones seen a point. There's also the entire in game placement ui and commands, though I think a simpler version could be done with basic %size, angles in each of the 3 dimensions, and then location maintenance relative to /loc, but all without previews and incremental visible adjustments, just input XYZ vertices, XYZ location, and %size. Lot of work, but didn't need as complicated as they made it live.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:54 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Only discussion I could see on it was here:
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40121
But never heard of anyone really doing much with it.
Old 04-17-2018, 03:56 PM
Tegila
Hill Giant

Thanks man, didn't look in server support cause wasn't right category. There is some hope then in those links, maybe.

It's not a necessary part of game for sure, but it is hugely popular with certain types of players, and profitable for their shop. I myself had about 70 houses and half a dozen huge guild halls lol, one I spent about 400 hrs putting together. Luckily you can save the layouts and rebuild years later lol.

The area did get put to use at least one for quests that reward aas and an Aug, but being a noncombat zone, it's ground spawn collecting mostly.

Also not a big aspect inrof..it started then, but collections. Not difficult for someone like me to put together if there's the graphic for it and ability to create ground spawns already on emu, is There? Something to do while exploring, and sometimes a maddening pursuit for rare items for the OCD in us lol. Just needs a little yellow ball that glows with the right graphic settings, and ability to make randomized ground spawns in a zone. Not as interesting as the housing to me, but I am a completist , the only thing in eq i don't do in its entirety is pvp lol.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:01 PM
Tegila
Hill Giant

Booo, the files are trashed :( did anyone download them and willing to share?
Old 04-17-2018, 04:13 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegila View Post
Thanks man, didn't look in server support cause wasn't right category.
Anything that involves you wanting to "do something" on your server, but need knowledge,
is a form of "server support". But some involves a "quest" category", some involves
database editing. The categories involving "development", is not directly related to "any"
dev work you are doing on your own server.
NOTE: each category has a description underneath it, sometimes saying "Not a support forum"
or whatever the category is for. Many people miss those tags.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:49 PM
Mortow
Hill Giant

I think I have them somewhere. I will look and see. I wanted to try to implement it but it was beyond my ability. I think they used a spell to place the houses. Anyway I will look for the files and report back.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:58 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortow View Post
I think they used a spell to place the houses.
This old video here, looks like a spell being cast (Secrets vid, I believe)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiV9dcQSGfw
Old 04-22-2018, 12:48 AM
Mortow
Hill Giant

Tegila, I found some of the files. PM me and I can send them to you by email.