Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

Default SoD Custom Progression Server

New server up and looking for some beta testers.

Server Overview:

You start in the Precipice of War and follow a progression path that roughly follows live. Thanks to good work by Derision for the packet collector and Akkadius for gathering the packets, we are able to offer an experience that is very close to live in terms of mobs. We have also moved over the live loot table so that the same named drop the same items on our server as on live.

The server departs from live in that the content is tuned for more solo - duo/trio. The progression is strictly enforced and you need to work your way through one zone before gaining access to the next(as well as your rewards for completing said zone). We also depart from live with a whole slew of custom augs and buffs that increase player power/stats and supplement the SoD gear that drops.

Most boss fights are heavily scripted, with inspiration drawn from the fights on live(our version of the Queen Malarian fight is a few elements of the real fight, the buff check/AE/Add Spawn if not cured/etc so people feel like maybe they actually did just kill the real thing). This is not your tank and spank server.

We are splitting SoD into 6 themes(even though we know that is not the same as live)...

Oceangreen Theme - Oceangreen Village, Temple of Bertox, Ocreangreen Hills, Old Blackburrow
Bloody Kithicor Theme - Old Commonlands, Old Kithicor, Old Highpass(not a live zone)
Field of Bone Theme - Field of Scale, Kaesora Hatchery, Kaesora Library, Kurns Tower
Rathe Theme - Toskirakk, Korascian Warrens, Rathe Chambers
Kuua Theme - Old Bloodfields, City of Dranik
Discord Theme - Korafax, Citadel of the Worldslayer

Each theme has its own unique rewards.

Server Info:

- Players start at level 80
- Increased AA exp
- All classes have access to any AA that would be of use to them(ie everybody with mana gets Gather Mana).
- Veteran AA available for free
- 1 bot available
- Heroic stats affect things like melee/spell crit mod, heal crit, etc.

Currently there are no zones outside of SoD that are accessible however we have plans to add them in the future. We have added a feature to help our playerbase not only relive the past but also experience it in a way I'm not sure has existed yet.

Introducing...

Bum Fights... for mobs!

The premise being that you purchase tokens from raid mobs that are available(currrently there are 112 mobs available(up to GoD expansion) in token format):

Then you head to the arena for the battle. There are 4 teams in the arena, each with 4 spots on their team(16 total mobs). You hand your tokens to the team leaders:

Once your teams are spawned(they are invul while the teams are forming):

Then you start the fight and enjoy the action:

Three things about the event...

1.) The mobs are not kos to players so you can watch the fights as long as you can live through the AEs. Once agro has been established you can also DPS mobs as the agro for just being in range is set low(which also allows bots to tank for groups).

2.) The mobs also drop their full loot tables from live, so also allows our players to get useful clickies/items from the past.

3.) We are going to expand it to include a group only and solo only instance version where you can spawn any single mob at a time and you will recieve a reward that scales with how many mobs you defeat(similiar to the Dragons, Dragons, Dragons event from live). Currently player power is not sufficient to be able to solo or group many of the mobs on the list so once we achieve the player power for it, they will be implemented(prob around Theme 3 or 4).
Old 06-04-2010, 01:33 AM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

Default hmm

how do i connect?

the projecteq login doesn't show your server.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:00 AM
Caryatis
Dragon

Since its a SoD only server, need to use tsahosting in your eqhost file.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

whoops sorry i'm a newb =p

was trying to use vdubs by mistake.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:47 PM
Xupiter
Fire Beetle

yah im having issues using tsahosting in the host file...can you copy paste how it should be so i can give it a go?
Old 06-09-2010, 01:20 AM
Caryatis
Dragon

Sure...

Code:
Host=www.tsahosting.net:5999
Old 06-09-2010, 10:03 PM
jabedoben
Sarnak

This is a great server so far and it has a TON of potential. The first couple of zones (OG Village and Temple of Bertox) are built for soloing, but after that the difficulty severely ramps up the point of needing to multibox or group. Soloing with one bot is not an option after OG Village. Hopefully balance towards solo content will be implemented in the future.

If you have the ability to multibox or have some friends to play with, give this server a try!
Old 06-09-2010, 10:57 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

Thanks Fam, although slightly misleading. Certainly the content gets more difficult as you progress but given the number of AAs available to every class its not out of line. As a developer I prefer harder content, so yes you are correct in that some encounters require more than 1 character however it is entirely possible to progress beyond where you are soloing.

Yes as you progress you are expected to use more and more of the abilities available to you, in an open zone it should be no issue getting singles when you can snare, stun and fade plus a host of other things. There is no point in providing access to all the AAs if people never have to use them.

If you are looking for a super easy solo server then certainly this isn't your pick but if you like rewarding encounters that challenge you as a player then you might enjoy it here.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:11 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

Old 06-15-2010, 07:20 PM
jabedoben
Sarnak

Been down for a few days. Give up on it?
Old 06-21-2010, 09:03 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

I was out of the country and had no way to reboot server once it crashed. I havent put this much work into server to let it die but least of my worries when I'm on vacation was the server lol. Will be back up shortly with new code.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:43 AM
thepoetwarrior
Discordant

Seems like players are start on your server just about where they left off on other servers. New ideas are always good, especially for players burning out on same content. Seeing a lot of good ideas/servers getting ready lately to go live on eqemu. =)
Old 06-23-2010, 03:45 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

Server is back up after the recent downtime.

Spells have been revamped quite a bit, got all spells from live up to 85 in DB now and they are cleaned up and ready to go. Had to tweak alot of stun, mes, charm type spells as characters only start with access up to level 65 spells. Now your level 65 stuns, mes, etc will work on the content that they are meant to. Focus effects also got revamped so a) they actually have values and b) so they have better sounding names(detrimental mana pres 30 L85 doesnt have a good ring to it).

Bots got their spell sets revamped as well, they should be more powerful than before.

Pets are next on the tuning block.

Since the first post alot has been added, 3 new trials(2 MPG, 1 PoJ) have been added. The MPG trials are for the custom epics and the PoJ trial is for a class specific item.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:49 PM
jabedoben
Sarnak

The new PoJ trial is a lot of fun. I just gotta finger out how to beat it lol. You know me, I'm slow.

Did you tweak Oceangreen Hills? It seems like I'm getting a lot less adds. And Wandering Guard didn't wipe the floor with me, I actually was able to kill him.

Anyway, still a very unique and fun server. I recommend everyone try it.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:30 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

Some pretty hefty updates just went in...

1.) Pets of all classes and types(swarm, temp, reg) have been upgraded so they will be useful from the beginning.

2.) AA System got a major overhaul.

- Many AA have been modernized, in that they now have vastly improved effects. Any AA that was rendered useless by old world level caps(fear, charm, stun AA, etc) have been boosted as well as AA that only granted marginal benefits such as Mental Clarity, Innate Regen, etc. Un-upgraded AA remain at a cost of 1 while upgraded AA have increased cost to reflect their increased power.

- AA Window Cleanup. With so many AAs, it is quite daunting to keep track of all your abilities and pre-reqs, so I simplified the sorting of AAs as follows...

General Tab - holds the traditional misc AA(tradeskill, mitigation, etc.)

Archetype Tab - holds all the passive abilites

Class Tab - holds all the activatable abilites

Special Tab - pretty much the same except it has been pimped out with new abilities.