Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 11-10-2008, 10:37 AM
Congdar
Developer

Default enraged working correctly?

While fighting in ntov yesterday I noticed some strange behavior when the dragons were enraged. I expected to beat myself to death by not turning off autoattack, but instead there was no riposte damage done to me and it seemed that I could not do any damage to the dragon either. Once enraged wore off, damage continued normally. Anyone else seeing this?
Old 11-10-2008, 01:54 PM
paaco
Discordant

Do you have slippery attacks aa's done? I believe with all 5 points you are 100% immune to ripostes. I haven't tested it though, it may actually be broken, just giving you a reason why that may happen just in case ;p
Old 11-10-2008, 05:20 PM
Congdar
Developer

i'll have to double check on slippery attacks, but I should still be hitting for some damage but currently none during enrage.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:35 PM
trevius
Developer

During enrage, you can't do any damage. It will avoid all incoming damage and is supposed to riposte 100% if you are attacking from in front of the mob. If you are behind it, you won't get ripostes, but you still aren't supposed to land any hits.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:16 PM
Congdar
Developer

I do have slippery attacks, but it's only supposed to affect your offhand attacks. I was dual wielding from the front and didn't take any riposte damage during the enrage but I did do damage before and after.

So during enrage they are basically immune to melee damage but thier riposte damage isn't working.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:15 PM
KLS
Administrator

Durr you should still be able to do damage during enrage, it should just kill you if you're doing it from the front. All and all sounds bugged.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:37 PM
Congdar
Developer

double and tripple checked this in ntov with SVN r188
Old 11-12-2008, 06:30 AM
AndMetal
Developer

First, I would like to make some clarifications, since it sounds like there's some confusion about what's what...
  • A successful riposte makes just a normal attack and is not a guaranteed hit. (reference & reference)
  • Slippery Attacks only affects offhand attacks that are riposted. If you train 5 ranks, they will be missed 100% of the time, but mainhand attacks will still be riposted like normal. (reference)
  • You can Strikethrough a riposted hit to still do damage, but it won't prevent you from being hit, unless Slippery Attacks triggers during that attack round (nothing special there). (reference)
  • If you are behind an enraged mob, you can attack them just like normal, and they will take damage just like normal. (reference)
  • There's virtually no chance to avoid an attack from behind, either via riposte or block/parry/dodge. (reference)
This is all how it is currently in the source, not necessarily how it should be.

As far as not being hit during riposte, I think the biggest thing we need to look at is what's your chance to avoid a hit normally? For example, if you strip naked during enrage, does it make any difference? Also, what it you strip all AAs, especially avoidance/mitigation?

One other thing that might help is to turn on combat logging, and possibly adding some additional logging in the source, to see what exactly is happening with the hits (what's the damage before & after being defended, etc).

My Contributions to the Wiki