Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 06-02-2020, 02:32 PM
JDf
Fire Beetle

Default Database package updates?

Akka this is for you. Last month I had setup my stand alone server to tweak and play with. About 2 weeks ago it stopped working right.

I posted a bunch asking questions and never got a reply on anything regarding my inquiries.

I upgraded to windows 10 from 7 that I used for 10 years and it solved my issues.

My question is did you or anyone update binaries or package parts to not be compatible with windows 7 anymore as it's not supported by Microsoft or could we be getting issues from Microsoft through .dll's and scripts that did interact well before but no longer can because they changed things to force upgrades?

I'm curious because I don't know all the guts of the coding in the packages, and only know upgrading to win10 made it all work.

Thank you if you can shed some light Akka
Old 06-02-2020, 04:19 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Windows Server made a jump to x64 binaries; along with respective .dll's and runtimes that need to change for it

This is something that we've been resisting for many years using x86 binaries for the sake of backwards compatibility for folks who use this, but the time has come for us to modernize as not using x64 binaries across the board is limiting us

Installer documentation is here: https://eqemu.gitbook.io/server/cate...-compatibility