Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-24-2013, 10:58 PM
Furniture
Hill Giant

Default The Vengeful Soloist

The Erotic Everquest Solo Server has finally underwent the long requested name change. The new name is The Vengeful Soloist.

Come join a great solo server that is sure to give you a challenge and leave you feeling rewarded to get any new piece of gear. No boxing, this is a true solo server. There are many helpful people who wouldnt mind helping out new players with some gear. Hope to see a few new faces!

eroticeverquest.proboards.com
Old 09-25-2013, 01:00 AM
Furniture
Hill Giant

Starting immediately, all new players who log into the server will be awarded 100pp to help start out. You can use this to buy buffs in PoK or items that were sold to venders from players around those NPCs.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:49 AM
TehKard
Fire Beetle

This server is great. You can have a real sense of progressing your character through gear. With the right gear, you can solo anything in the game (currently goes up to GoD). There is also the optional hardcore mode, where you can earn extra gear, augs, Epic 2.0/2.5 etc. Vets of the server are always lending a helpinjg hand to new players also, if they want it. If your looking for a fun and rewarding solo server.. I'd give this one a try.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:53 PM
NoPulse2
Fire Beetle

I absolutely love the server so far. Furniture has been great with providing regular updates and bugfixes and I honestly haven't met a single unkind person on the server yet. If you're looking for a good atmosphere and a lot of fun, this is definitely a server to check out.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:59 AM
HerroYuy
Fire Beetle

A solo server where item upgrades really make a difference!
Old 10-12-2013, 01:44 PM
Furniture
Hill Giant

I just want to announce that we have just become newbie friendly. I've added custom tasks to PoK for exp/plat rewards and a nice new Marketplace in the EC Tunnel. If you had a rough start on this server, give it a try now I'm sure you will like it.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:27 PM
Furniture
Hill Giant

After many months of hosting from my home PC, I've had to shut down the server indefinitely until a new hosting option can be figured out.

If anyone has any good ideas on cheap/reliable hosting for us please let me know. There are a lot of displaced players who would like to return to their server. Check out our website at erotiveverquest.proboards.com for the latest on the servers status.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:33 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Akkadius offers fantastic hosting for a reasonable price, I don't know the exact rates currently, but I'm sure he'd tell you if you messaged him.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:35 PM
Furniture
Hill Giant

Awesome thanks! will do
Old 10-19-2013, 02:36 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

No problem, if all else fails, I believe Davood was once known for offering hosting for little to no price.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:52 PM
Davood
Discordant

i never charged for it but i am full up on all my ips

if there is a way to do some passthrough to another ip internally with the same external ip (would be possible if we could change the eq ports gah), then i could offer many many servers worth of hosting np.. i have a limited number of ips, but i have alot of servers with room for a couple of vms here and there

if you really like, and have some knowledge of networking, we can necro one of my old threads where trevius and some others tried to find a way to make it happen.. and we just collectively gave up.. that was a few years ago (possibly 3 years ago) so there are new people here now. with new ideas.

Basically the problem is the port that is used to connect to the world.. its hardcoded in the client.

how do you differentiate two different servers with teh same port and the same ip?

very hard to do unless you have a special router ($$$$$) with load balancing options (ive been trying for years to win a skid of them at government auctions, i came close once... hehehe)

then you could have a website that you have your players go to and say "i want to connect to this ser ver when i login from login server" it then captures your ip address and when the router sees your ip it will pass you through to that specific internal ip of the server you chose on the website (little bit of php and other stuff to do for the admin np). that way only one of the servers from that "server family" would work for you, but the server hoster could have many servers hosted with teh same ip in that way.

its not pretty.
another way would be to somehow agree on some interface parameters to meet the above requirements, and add it as a feature in the login server itself, so that when the user connects to these "special servers" the login server authenticates with the hoster webserver whicih then does some secure connection to the router and updates that ip to access the server that was just clicked on.

i understand that might work however
i don't know how to do that.
it would require the eqemu people to accept it as a paradigm
and well, i can't think of another good way to do it.

i seriously do want a router that can do that, i would setup something along those lines if ihad the hardware - just to learn how to do it.

I did call my ISP last week, they refused to give me more ips, even if i wanted to pay for them.
Old 01-14-2021, 03:02 PM
curtisbax
Fire Beetle

Does anyone know if there's another server that's like this one, The Vengeful Soloist? It was real nice being able to hop on a server tuned for 1 character to do all the raid content as long as you got the right gear. Would love to play something like this again if anyone knows of some server hidden in the 0 pop list somewhere.

If you didn't play here this is what it was(from what I remember):
-gear increased your spell power
-raid content was hard until you got enough gear to progress, there was many many hours of content grinding up getting all the raid loot throughout the expacs, then by the time you finished pop and had lots of BiS you could dunk on anything including quarm, making you feel OP af
-some stat (charisma?) made your summoned pets stronger, but it wasn't OP
-no boxing or bots, just all you on one toon

i think you had to unlock expansions by killing raid bosses and you had to actually get keys to dungeons and flaggs ect so it was a grind, but you could gear yourself strong enough to solo it.

if anyone has any ideas of a server thats really close to this one lemme know!
Old 01-14-2021, 07:28 PM
Sturm
Hill Giant

Have you heard of Imperium? heh

You can have a single box, but you don't need it.
Check us out on the Preferred Server list
Old 01-17-2021, 02:32 AM
greenspectre
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturm View Post
Have you heard of Imperium? heh

You can have a single box, but you don't need it.
Check us out on the Preferred Server list
Dunno if this checks out exactly :P My SK needed a second box once he was in the middle of GoD progression. And it took all my tricks to beat the GoD boss with just my box and bots. I mean it was epic as fuck and I have you to thank for that, but still :P

However, you can get through pretty much all of PoP solo.