Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 01-28-2021, 05:20 PM
maghiz
Fire Beetle

Default Need help starting private server on my computer

I have a discrepancy between the heidesql table base_data (192kb) and the base_data file (102kb) in the shared file in eqemu file. when i run start_shared_memory it completes and closes, the last thing i see is "loading spells" but i don't see it load the base_data. In the shared file it remains at 102kb. when i run t_start_server_with_login_server i get to "[shared memory] [info] loading base data", then it gives me "windows cannot find 'perl'. make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

been at this for 2 days now and i think i'm close to getting it running, but my mind is scrambled and i'm at a loss at how to continue.

can anyone help or point me in the right direction to get this fixed?

windows 10
updated heidisql to 11.2
haven't got to connecting to anything yet.
using eqgame.exe patchme (but that hasn't come into play yet, as i haven't got my private server up and running? I can log onto servers if i change my eqhost login)
i believe i patched peq to most up to date files.
processor i7-8700k, 64g RAM, 1080ti, ethernet cable to router - wireless dsl?
not sure on db.ini, boot5zone, or world.exe files can't seem to find them, instructions for me to find would be appreciated.

try to explain like to a small child, i'm old and got a scrambled brain atm. thanks in advance.
Old 01-28-2021, 08:04 PM
maghiz
Fire Beetle

Alternatively, if someone could share the base_data file out of their eqemu's "shared" file, I could scratch that off as possible fix. mine is a small file with the Type of "File folder" in it's properties menu. Not sure if it's encrypted or not, or if that is why it has no extension properties like .txt.
Old 01-28-2021, 08:43 PM
joligario
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maghiz View Post
... base_data file (102kb) ...
That is the size of my base_data file.
Old 01-28-2021, 08:44 PM
joligario
Developer

Quote:
... "windows cannot find 'perl'...
This is where you should be focused.
Old 01-28-2021, 08:55 PM
maghiz
Fire Beetle

will do, i think i got down a blind alley with the different sizes. thanks for info.
Old 01-28-2021, 09:50 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

On another note, I'm assuming you're generating the server/client files, using the export_client_files.exe binary ?

Providing you have/created a sub folder in your main server folder called Export, then run that binary,(in your main server folder) and it will generate 4 files into that Export folder, which you copy over to your client, so your server and client are in sync, with spells, etc.

It will generate basedata.txt and skillcaps.txt which replace those in your Everquest client/Resources folder. It also creates spells_us.txt and dbstr_us.txt which replace those in your client main folder. Just keep in mind, if you edit those tables in the database (customizing or whatever), you will need to export the updated files for your client again.

The spells_new table in your database is where the spells_us.txt file is generated from. If you're using an RoF client, the client itself has limits on the spell file entries (45,000 for RoF2). If the client spell file is over that, it's been known to cause issues with spell effects, etc. Each different client type has different limits. Some people will edit that spell file and cut it down to the limited entries.
Old 01-28-2021, 10:09 PM
maghiz
Fire Beetle

thanks for info. will look into that next. re-downloading and starting from scratch once again.
Old 01-28-2021, 11:19 PM
maghiz
Fire Beetle

Am i correct in thinking that the client and the server have nothing to exchange until i use the client to login to the server? and since i can't get the server up and running, i don't have to worry about those files just yet?

I'm not sure if my thinking is correct. I thought the client is independent of the server settings until the server is up and running. does the server install change client data? how would it know where i have the client files located to change them?

not sure if i'm comprehending your suggestion correctly.
Old 01-29-2021, 01:04 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
since i can't get the server up and running
You can forget about your client, or those exported files, until you get your server up and running. None of the client files will ever stop you from simply logging on to your server, it's all about game play, once you're logged in.

As far as getting your server functioning as it should, log files and errors are the most important to look at and go from there, but I'm not too clear exactly what issues you are experiencing.
Old 01-29-2021, 05:00 PM
maghiz
Fire Beetle

redid everything from scratch. running eqemu_install.bat took minutes not hours as it usually does. gave me https://imgur.com/kfZWdIn

then running t_start_server_with_login_server gave me https://imgur.com/Ox7BXFU

as far as i got so far, something new at least. hope these pictures work.
Old 01-29-2021, 05:41 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

To start, not only is the items table missing, but, since you "reinstalled", the current peq dump, where the installer gets the database, is in error right now. (can't do anything until they correct it on that dump site), then reinstall again.
Also windows is not finding perl. Might want to check the path variable in windows to see if it's in there.
Old 01-29-2021, 05:45 PM
maghiz
Fire Beetle

much thanks for time and effort, cheers mate.
Old 01-29-2021, 05:54 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

if you keep an eye on the dump site http://db.projecteq.net/ You will notice when the current/latest dump is back to normal (size).

I'm not on the emu discord, but if someone mentions it over there, it might get corrected sooner, lol
Old 01-29-2021, 06:42 PM
joligario
Developer

You can also pick the previous day backup.
Old 01-29-2021, 10:59 PM
maghiz
Fire Beetle

back with a new problem, ran t_start_server_with_login_server got https://imgur.com/a/N7KboKU

I'm at the end of my knowledge, any suggestions?