Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

Old 05-19-2007, 03:29 PM
Caliberdb
Fire Beetle

Exclamation New Guildwars Emulator

Just wanted people to know that there is a guildwars emulator being made for those too lazy to buy the game, they got the login server and character creation mostly covered, they are looking for people willing to help who has exp with emulators.
Their main site is: http://www.gwlp.ragenetwork.info/
They also have a chat line http://www.gwlp.ragenetwork.info/irc
Old 05-20-2007, 04:58 PM
smartmonkey777
Fire Beetle

Default huh?

i already own the game and isnt guild wars free ? doh ...
i dont know i only did beta testing the left for eq2 when it debuted
Old 05-20-2007, 10:46 PM
Caliberdb
Fire Beetle

"guildwars emulator being made for those too lazy to buy the game"
Old 05-21-2007, 02:54 AM
techguy84
Discordant

I played guildwars. I played a mage all the way up to LA and around lvl 16 adn I just said screw it. Factions had just come out and I seen absolutely no reason to cough up another 49.99 for the same old instance bull. Im a PvE kinda person, and GW falls flat on PvE
Old 05-22-2007, 06:52 AM
vales
Discordant

Although I have to admit that it does get old, Guild Wars is fun in it's own way. If you've only played the game up to Lion's Arch, then you're truly missing out on some awesome stuff. The story is only getting started there.

Factions was pretty retarted, imo. It was a complete waste of time and so crap (stupid forums won't let me post accents, lol). But NightFall - dang. That game is awesome. Everyone that I know says Factions was just a filler while NightFall is a full and true expansion - and that's the truth. If you get any expansion, get NightFall at least. Factions didn't even have any voice work done for the game, ROFL. I could instantly tell when I started playing it that it was going to be pretty bad. I pretty much skipped it and played NightFall instead. Now most of my characters from the Prophecies campaign are already in Tyria.

The way they incorporated the whole Hero system in NightFall is awesome. None of this retarted AI henchmen crap. I'm a PVE kind of person too, and it's been an awesome ride the whole way. At the end of the day, I shrug it off as being a "you get what you paid for" kind of thing. You can tell the game is geared more towards PVP from the get-go, but the price of admission isn't bad at all. I can play when I want and as long as I want without worrying about stupid monthly sub fees. It's been about 5 months since I last logged on, and it's good to know my characters are still there - waiting for me to log back in. I really have no complaints. I've definately played far worse.

It's super cheap now. I've seen Factions for $24.99 at Target, and NightFall is dropping in price (last I saw, it was $34.99) since Guild Wars 2 is coming out.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:53 AM
vales
Discordant

WTH? Double post.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:00 AM
heathtalon
Fire Beetle

I saw a guildwars threepack (game + 2 expansions) for around $50 i think.