Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 12-19-2009, 04:57 PM
Draugr
Hill Giant

Default [Question] EQEmulator server and Worldfiles

Hello.

Its been many years since I played EQ or tinkered with EQEmu. I recently felt the urge to return to EQ via EQEmu, but I have some questions. I'm hoping some of you here might know answers to these questions.

1. I plan on hosting my own server as such it won't be a full server with hundreds of players, maybe 10 or so if I'm lucky. So my question is this...

A) Is there a worldfile for EQEmulator that has all or most mob spawns, NPC pathing, vendors, etc... but is scaled back for smaller player run servers? The official EQ is designed for thousands of players so some areas are difficult for small teams or individuals to conquer. Has anyone worked on a worldfile that is geared for solo or small group play via EQEmu?

B) Is there a publicly available worldfile that is based on the original Pre Luclin data? Ex: When Splitpaw was home to the Splitpaw Gnolls and not the later group which were more powerful. I'm hoping to find a worldfile that immitates EQ from its launch before the major add-ons began.

C) I thought I read somewhere that it is possible to use the original client instead of the Titanium client. Is that true?

Well, I guess thats all for now. I would love to be able to run a classic EQ server with zones built for small party or solo play. If anyone has any info on this, please let me know.

Thanks
John
Old 12-19-2009, 05:27 PM
pfyon
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draugr View Post
Hello.

Its been many years since I played EQ or tinkered with EQEmu. I recently felt the urge to return to EQ via EQEmu, but I have some questions. I'm hoping some of you here might know answers to these questions.

1. I plan on hosting my own server as such it won't be a full server with hundreds of players, maybe 10 or so if I'm lucky. So my question is this...

A) Is there a worldfile for EQEmulator that has all or most mob spawns, NPC pathing, vendors, etc... but is scaled back for smaller player run servers? The official EQ is designed for thousands of players so some areas are difficult for small teams or individuals to conquer. Has anyone worked on a worldfile that is geared for solo or small group play via EQEmu?

B) Is there a publicly available worldfile that is based on the original Pre Luclin data? Ex: When Splitpaw was home to the Splitpaw Gnolls and not the later group which were more powerful. I'm hoping to find a worldfile that immitates EQ from its launch before the major add-ons began.

C) I thought I read somewhere that it is possible to use the original client instead of the Titanium client. Is that true?

Well, I guess thats all for now. I would love to be able to run a classic EQ server with zones built for small party or solo play. If anyone has any info on this, please let me know.

Thanks
John
A) I don't know of such a database, but with bots enabled, you can create your own groups/raids (with NPC players basically) and as such, you aren't really limited to single-player content.

B) Public? I don't think so, unless Project EQ has old releases of databases from those days.

C) Also not that I know of
Old 12-19-2009, 05:54 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

you can easily enough adjust all mobs in the world , but scaling down their hp, ac, dps and so on with juts a few sql command lines.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:10 PM
pfyon
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSlayerZ View Post
you can easily enough adjust all mobs in the world , but scaling down their hp, ac, dps and so on with juts a few sql command lines.
Yep, that's true. Won't reduce the number of adds you get, which could be a pain for a class without any ae (ie most), but for the most part it would be much easier.

Maybe I'll try something like that to make a db that tries to make everything single-grouppable.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:22 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

you can reduce agro range =P

here is a sample of sql code that will drop mobs difficulty by half, but leave pets untouched:

update npc_types set hp=hp/2, ac=ac/2, maxdmg=maxdmg/2, aggroradius=aggroradius/2 where id>1000;

raid mobs will need more specific fine tuning as they cast some spells which can easily one shot you =) Specially Valious+ mobs