Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 12-20-2009, 12:12 AM
Draugr
Hill Giant

Default Classic Server to Join?

Hi all.

I see there are lots of servers to join here and play on. What I'd like to know is this...

Is there a classic EQ before any of the add-ons server for public access?

What I'm hoping for is to join a server that...

1. Can use the original client or at least the original artwork, music, gui as it was when EQ first went live.

2. Splitpaw before the change from the Splitpaw Clan to the more powerful gnolls.

3. Zones only from the initial release.

Does anyone have any suggestions? If there isn't a server with all the above that gets a decent amount of people playing then one with as many of the above features would be great. I'd prefer it to be a swerver that has been running and won't just disappear over night.

Thanks

John
Old 12-20-2009, 01:07 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Project 1999 is as classic as it can possibly ever get.
details on their website
Old 12-22-2009, 02:45 PM
Atarius
Fire Beetle

is the login server down?
Old 12-22-2009, 03:20 PM
szalab
Fire Beetle

It's up now.

It has everything you are asking for aside from the very original Splitpaw. That was changed before packet sniffers were actively collecting data from EQ. Everything else can pretty much get customized to as near to original as you can get.
Manastones, Boxes of Abu-Kar , J-boots and all!
Old 12-23-2009, 06:19 PM
rovaira
Fire Beetle

Isn't the project 1999 thing suppossed to be a progression server though? I'm trying to find a server that has just the original eq and maybe kunark and scars of vel, but no POK!

Also which version of eq would I need? I hope just secrets of fa. It sounds like you have to get a different version to play on the 2 different servers which sounds kind of crazy to me.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:59 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovaira View Post
Isn't the project 1999 thing suppossed to be a progression server though? I'm trying to find a server that has just the original eq and maybe kunark and scars of vel, but no POK!
Project 1999 is a classic server, NOT a progression server. The only progression that will happen is expansions being completed up to and no further than velious.

Currently it has original EQ only.