Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:19 AM
link2009
Sarnak

Hehe, clearly. Keep yourself alive before Sony :P. We just need a few people who will get the packets, I know a few friends and I'm sure some people around here can help. But first, I need the bloody site up :P. Will start working soon.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:03 PM
Knightofteirdal
Fire Beetle

./sigh If that is the case i will help you with your adventure until you get to the point at which you want to give up. I am usually on irc in the #eq2emu channel
Old 02-21-2007, 12:17 PM
link2009
Sarnak

I know you are, I spoke with you yesterday . I'll see you there soon, need to finish up some work and the weekend in around the corner.

So far, I think I can get the Alpha setup properly again.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:27 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Best wishes to you in this endeavor. I am very interested in seeing an EQ2 Emulator, and would provide any data I can including packet capture if needed.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:26 PM
Hellbend
Fire Beetle

Ready to Help if needed.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:48 PM
techguy84
Discordant

I too would also love to see a EQ2 Emu, but I have some doubts with it.

I love playing live on EQ2, simply because its more quality then Live on EQ1 was. On EQ1, everyone and there sister was a twinked out lvl 500 newbie. No one understood character dynamics anymore and that just made things suck really bad. In 2, there is more of a balance between Characters. No more uberly powerful lvl 10 people running around with super gear and a lack of what to do with it. Furthermore I havent seen but 2 people since Eq2 came out that were above level 40 and didnt know how to handle there character and their role in a group.

It is with that, that I dont think that I would be as much into a emulated version of EQ2 simply because of the loss of available players. EqEmu was built because we all were tired of the way EQ1 went after the Luclin expansion. Most of the issues in EQ1 no longer exist in EQ2. There are some unbalancing issues, like a conjourer's amazing ability to solo most of his/her life, but thats about it.

But thats just my 2cp worth.

Anyhow, I would gladly help with whatever I could on the new project if we got it going. This project has inspired me to start working on C++, but I dont know how that is going to go. I do know that I could packet collect the crap out of EQ2 though, once I get my account back up with them. I have playing most characters down pat up to about lvl 25 with playing a Conji up to lvl 45. I can get through most of the beginners stuff quite fast so I can packet collect on all that stuff.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:59 AM
Arkaiden
Sarnak

Isn't it possible for someone to reup the alpha source of eq2emu???
I'm quite interested in it because I'm programming for several years now and want to put some fun into my daily programming.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:30 PM
techguy84
Discordant

The alpha is still available via cvs at SF

http://eq2emulator.cvs.sourceforge.n...a/Zip%20Files/

You can download the source and the alpha binary there. Still need a loginserver though.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:27 AM
LethalEncounter
Former Administrator/Developer

Europe? No, I havent been assigned to Europe although I was there for a couple of weeks. I was working on EQ2Emu when the server that was hosting the project went down for a while. Not sure what happened to it, but I was too busy at the time to try to figure out why. When I got back from Afghanistan last June I had a different set of priorities than when I had left. That is why I havent worked on the emu since then. I kind of figured noone cared about EQ2 anymore so I decided to stop wasting time on something that I thought wouldnt be used. As for the future of the EQ2Emu, your guess is as good as mine. I am currently working on another project that I hope will be completed in the next few weeks and I might revive the emu, but I currently dont have any plans of doing so.

-LE
Old 05-05-2007, 08:07 AM
link2009
Sarnak

Default My god...

The legend is back .

Nice to see you back Lethal. Numerous rumors have been spread around that you were actually deployed in Europe and didn't have time to play around with the Emulator. I hope you're experience was enjoyable and 'well-mannered'. I'm glad you're back from Afghanistan and I'd actually like to hear about your experience .

I just want you to know quite a lot of people are interested in EQ2 and hopefully, you'll want to resurrect the project.

It's great to have you back. I'm actually going to start a new 'EQ2 - Community' so to speak of and try to resurrect the project. If you could dedicated a little time or energy, please PM me so we can chat a little...if you want to, of course.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:41 PM
techguy84
Discordant

How much would it take to get the server back up. At least getting it off the ground and in a functioning order. Maybe make it work with the out of box original eq2, as that seems about where it was the time it died. Heck, i would be happy with that As I still have a original version, as do most eq2 players. OOOOO just think of the possibilties. The eye candyish graphics......mmmmmmm.

Im just a loner, pay no attention to me.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:51 PM
Hellbend
Fire Beetle

Nice to see notices about you again, Lethal !!!

There are a lot of people asking for a EQ2Emu project, and I think
nothing better than you to continue your project in the future, if you can.

I'm glad to help if someone work in a EQ2emu. I have 2 accounts active and I'm ready to start working when needed (and I'm sure more other people also)

Ummmm... I think this night I can sleep a bit better than yesterday.
Really, I'm very happy to see Lethal again over here. It's a new ray of hope
for all the EQ2 addicts.
I want a EQ2 emulator to traslate to Spanish lang the quests. I know in my country a lot of people don't playing this great game only for the idiom problem. I don't understand why SOE don't traslate this game to Spanish lang (like WOW). :(
Old 05-06-2007, 02:08 AM
link2009
Sarnak

Hellbend, glad to have you on the train . Alright guys, I'll be creating a whole new EQ2 Forum / Site where we can discuss EQ2-Specific topics. I hope this way everyone can easily get back on track with the emulator. Please god let it evolve into something great.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:25 AM
alfa24t
Fire Beetle

Same here I have 2 accounts on official and still playing, if you need help :p
Greate news to see EQIIEmu have chance to "reborn" !
Old 05-06-2007, 04:57 PM
CrabClaw
Hill Giant

Sounds fun, I played EQ2 for at least a year straight since launch (and all it's crazy patch re-balancing permutations, ). I would love to beta for you. Would you start with the multi pack edition as a base or vanilla EQ2? Would you use PostGreSQL or stick with MySQL?

Last edited by CrabClaw; 05-07-2007 at 01:02 AM..