Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-11-2007, 04:30 AM
leslamarch
Discordant

hello all,
I'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong but when i tried this zone out, all i'm getting is the Original tutorial zone with some buildings and trees missing. So I guess i'm not to sure what to try next, I probably missed soemthing very simple just can;t seem to find it.
Thanks
~LL~
Old 08-11-2007, 06:01 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Damn , i messed that up. I forgot a file in there , try the link now. Im sorry.

New Tutorial.

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 08-11-2007, 08:17 AM
leslamarch
Discordant

This is just unreal, GREAT job!!! The detail that went into this is perfect, thanks so much for sharing this.
~LL~
Old 08-11-2007, 05:22 PM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Your welcome, I hope you all can get some enjoyment out of it, I have another that I am working on but I have tons of trees I have made in 3ds max that I want to use and I'm just trying to find out how to get transparent textures to work in open zone then I can finish it.

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 08-16-2007, 09:47 PM
Sakrateri
Dragon

I am making some more zones to replace the MMC zones that was mirigauls minagiera or whatever the hell it was called that was some of the instance zones, I will put some screens here and if anyones interested I will give those out also, If anyone wants a custom zone made with openzone and does not want to mess with doing it their self let me know, just draw a rough sketch of what you want and what zone you want replaced with it and I will see what I can do. I like creating zones more then playing the game now lol.

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 08-16-2007, 11:36 PM
leslamarch
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakrateri View Post
I am making some more zones to replace the MMC zones that was mirigauls minagiera or whatever the hell it was called that was some of the instance zones, I will put some screens here and if anyones interested I will give those out also, If anyone wants a custom zone made with openzone and does not want to mess with doing it their self let me know, just draw a rough sketch of what you want and what zone you want replaced with it and I will see what I can do. I like creating zones more then playing the game now lol.
I Look Forward to any of your Releases, The 2 that you already made and posted were Just Great. Still trying to fill tutorial zone lol, Thanks so much for your efforts.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:38 AM
gernblan
Discordant

THANK YOU!

Very very cool!

Do you happen to have a serverside .map for this too for spellcasting purposes?

Would be really helpful and appreciated!
Jest 4 Server
Linux (Jest3 runs on Fedora, our Dev servers usually run on Ubuntu and/or Gentoo), OC-12 Connection = Hella Fast
Old 08-17-2007, 04:00 AM
gernblan
Discordant

One other question, please. Is there any chance that you'd release the openzone files for this so that people who want to use it could, perhaps customize it a bit further? For example, maybe change the signs a little... or perhaps add some more or different windows.. or put in more furniture and objects?

You know, stuff like that.

It's an incredible piece of work you did, and it can also serve as an excellent tutorial for a lot more than EQ... it can also serve as a tutorial on Openzone, which could perhaps help more people get into that facet of world building easier.

Especially in terms of trees, which are oh so difficult to do, especially considering there are no zones like this available in OZ format to study (that I know of).

Please consider making the source for this zone available?
Jest 4 Server
Linux (Jest3 runs on Fedora, our Dev servers usually run on Ubuntu and/or Gentoo), OC-12 Connection = Hella Fast
Old 08-17-2007, 05:14 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

yes I put a linkermap file in with the zip. I dont mind giving out the scene file either but you would need all the textures also that I have. may take a bit for me to get that all into a file and put it up for download.

but anyway , heres a pic of another zone im workin on and i got the trees to work finally thanks to Scorp.

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 08-17-2007, 01:43 PM
leslamarch
Discordant

@Sakrateri
WOW, That zone looks Great, But then again they all have been great. very talented indeed, Thanks so much for sharing your Hard work.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:27 PM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Here is three zones, Nektropos, MMCA and Tutorial, I have fixed the zone point in the Tutorial to zone to MMCA and then theres a zone point in MMCA to zone into Nektropos. I have antoher zone that Nektropos will zone into but its not finished yet.

Nektropos

MMCA

Tutorial

And there are linker maps in each rar file for each zone.

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 08-19-2007, 02:07 AM
leslamarch
Discordant

Great, Can;t wait to test them thanks so much
Old 08-19-2007, 02:20 AM
leslamarch
Discordant

The textures in mmc Are unreal."only map i have gotten to yet" The brick walls look so real, Excellent Excellent work. The things that could be done with that zone are just endless, Thanks again for This great share
~LL~
Old 08-21-2007, 06:18 PM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Got heightmaps to work now, here are a couple of shots from my first zone made with a heightmap.

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 08-22-2007, 05:07 AM
leslamarch
Discordant

Another beautiful zone in the works, excellent work on that one.
a quick question for you, would you know how i would go about zoning into nektropos ? when i try the zone command i get zone not available, not sure if i did something wrong or need to add that zone to the emu some how.
Thanks again for all this great work
~LL~