Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:49 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Default Mythic

Well, after hours of boredom, I decided to launch this server, it's a result of about 2 weeks worth of coding off and on, and it's just an experiment right now. It's name is Project M, or Mythic for short.

What is this server? It's basically what I envisioned EverQuest to be. NPCs use the exact same calculations as players, and players use the same calculations as NPCs, minus HP calcs which were a clientside thing I fought with.

You start at level 70, and do not lose experience, or items, when you die.

You are restricted to 8-12 spells, without a spell file needing to be downloaded.

You start at 75 in each of your statistics and can raise them to a maximum of 500 points via a statistic merchant. You may only aquire a combined total of 425 AA points, and each of those can be used to modify a stat, up to the aforementioned value.

Here's a brief description of what statistics do, based on my memory:

STR = Melee Damage
STA = Extra HP
AGI = Avoidance (Parry, up to 47%)
DEX = Critical Hit Chance (%), Avoidance (Riposte, up to 47%)
INT = SpellDamage, different formula depending on buff/spell is a DoT or not, 1/2 of the formula for pet damage
WIS = SpellHealing, different formula depending on buff/spell is a HoT or not, 1/2 of the formula for pet damage, half of pet hp/ac multiplier
CHA = Critical Chance for spells, half of pet hp/ac multiplier

NPCs also follow these statistic rules. Yay for virtual functions.

Currently, there is no custom content other than the statistic merchant. This is purely formula testing. All NPCs are level 70. Any NPC who is in old world is easy, kunark is medium, velious is hard. #peqzone is enabled with a 30 second reuse and no debuffs.

If you want, hop on and try it. It'll be different for sure.

At the very least this server will be up for a month, for those of you who have count of my track record :p
Old 01-20-2010, 12:53 PM
Vaklain_Kinvva
Fire Beetle

Hopped on quick to check this out, Got to making my character, And then the server went down?
Old 01-20-2010, 01:28 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaklain_Kinvva View Post
Hopped on quick to check this out, Got to making my character, And then the server went down?
Was restarting it. It's back up now.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:31 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Just wanted to mention I made incredible progress on the server yesterday.

- DEX is now a melee critical multiplier, in addition to a melee critical chance booster, up to 26% critical multiplier and critical hit chance.

- Melee revamp; Weapons are now 18 delay for 2handers, 36 delay for 1handers. Damage is now useless on weapons, instead, they are replaced by strength. Since strength is melee damage, it seems silly to add two statistics to a weapon that do the same thing. Haste can still affect these delays, up to 100% of the base value of delay. Existing weapons had strength added to them, to balance out the fact that weapons do not have damage anymore. The number of strength added to weapons is damage / 2, so if your weapon had 9 damage, it is now 4.5 strength, which rounds up to 5 strength.

- Melee damage increased for pure melee. Warriors, Monks, Rogues, and Berserkers all fit under this category. Warriors are significantly better in raw melee damage output than Monks, Rogues, and Berserkers.

- Healers are revamped slightly. Hybrids heals should be considerably weaker than pure healers such as druids, shamans, and clerics. Clerics should be considerably better than druids or shamans, however.

- Disciplines are added in-game. These give raw statistics in addition to your weapon damage, and any purchased AA statistics. Depending on your class, you may or may not have disciplines. Bards and Beastlords do not, while all the other hybrids and pure melee do. Warriors contain two disciplines, one for a small DPS increase, one for tanking. Monks receive a balanced discipline granting 75 to all melee/tanking statistics, minus stamina. Rogues receive an increase to STR, DEX, and AGI, being the master thieves that they are. Berserkers receive a massive 200 STR output. Paladins and Shadowknights gain WIS and INT respecively on their disciplines in addition to strength and dexterity.

- Riposte chance is fixed, there was an issue where it was calculating AGI, and an else if statement where it should have been if, I really hate these bugs, but they got fixed. If your dex is higher than your AGI, you will parry, if your dex is lower than your agi, you will riposte. (this is subject to change.)

- In addition to pure healers getting a boost, all heals in general were boosted by 125%. This should make heals worth it, where as before they were doing 1% a heal at the beginning levels with default HP, they are now doing 2-4%. (this is a hybrid casting on itself. pure healers are closer to 4-6% health a heal. )

- Wizards are now significantly better than all other casters in terms of DD nukes. (200% compared to 100% if you want a statistic.) Wizards also got a third nuke, on a fast re-cast time. Enchanters' single DoT now does 300% damage, as it is their only form of damage other than charming, pets, or melee.

- Cleric/Paladin Yaulp changed to 25 STR increase.

- Grim Aura (SK Spell) now increases damage output by 5%.

More to come as I remember them.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:22 PM
Clipz
Fire Beetle

Very interesting server

I've tried it out and i like your idea!
Old 01-22-2010, 07:27 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

New updates today:

- AC is converted into HP because AC was useless. Whenever you get an item with AC on it, it converts it to HP and even shows on the character sheet in-game, when you zone in, equip an item, #mystats, any time.

- More tweaks to NPC heals, and heals in general. Since clerics get the only heal over time, DoT heals should be doing considerably more healing, and as a result puts clerics back on top.

- #refundaa now resets all AA points gained to 0, your stats to 75, and now actually refunds them to the playerprofile for redistribution. I also removed some checks because it seems that the aapoints_spent gets reset every time you zone, which makes sense with the old AA system, it's just a confusing name in the struct.

- NPCs now cast spells. These spells are class dependant and are the same exact spells players cast, discs included.

- NPCs should no longer go invisible, in addition to the aforementioned spells.

- If anyone is interested in any of this code for their own servers, please let me know in a PM. I would be flattered to share any tidbit of code with you.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:49 PM
shadowdeamon01
Fire Beetle

secrets,

great to see youre bringing back the EDGE server, i played through your first few betas and loved it
Old 01-23-2010, 01:25 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowdeamon01 View Post
secrets,

great to see youre bringing back the EDGE server, i played through your first few betas and loved it
This is in no way using any of the original Edge code. That all is Ailia's doing, I just did a small amount of content development.

This code is 100% my doing, however.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:20 AM
tacohat
Fire Beetle

I would love having this sort of code on my server, the statistic system is just great and I would love to try and build around it, however I've never really tried editing anything on a server more than the stuff in the database. I have always wanted something like this though.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:10 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

I set up an SVN with the current and future code in it.

https://code.google.com/p/mythic-edgev/source/list
Old 01-23-2010, 12:37 PM
pfyon
Discordant

That's interesting, if just to show that emulating a commercial game doesn't necessarily mean using their content and rules.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:44 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Server is down for the time being. It's got some issues with the new HP code and i'm going to revert it soon.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:47 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Server is back up as of today. It's got a complete combat revamp, mainly the addition of NPC health being calculated by STA and AC, weapon damage being part of the formula and an NPC reset for difficulty.

We'll see how this does, I was largely unsatisfied with the last combat system (mainly because it was unfinished) so we'll see how this one does.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:27 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

New revision from googlecode.

- Mob HP changed to smooth out progression. NPCs that normally have lesser stats should have less HP than they did, NPCs with higher stats (such as nagafen) should have a lot more HP than they did.

- NPCs now regenerate 1% of their health/tick, regardless of what is set in the database or their combat state.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:09 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

More tweaking...

DEX is now Parry & Critical Chance. AGI is now Riposte and Critical Multiplier. If your DEX is higher than AGI, you will parry instead of DEX making you get a critical multiplier, a critical chance, and a riposte chance all at once. (to be fair to the AGI stat, it's also ranged weaponry damage, but being useful for one class isn't enough. :P)

Endless Quiver is implemented for all classes by default.

Healing restored to the pre-hp tweak value as I undid the HP tweak.

Reduced NPC HP in half when it is calculated. This should make NPCs considerably easier for classes with no heals to start.