Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 03-23-2016, 02:03 PM
superemu
Sarnak

Default Rule set general descriptions

Hello! Another newb question:

I see that there are several rule sets in the PEQ database. I am wondering what are the general differences between them. Is there a page on the wiki that describes the rule sets? I don't mean the rule values themselves. The rule sets. This is what I guess their general descriptions might be:

default - ?
EQEmu_Default - ?
pop+ - Game rules as perceived on live after release of Planes of Power
GoD - Game rules as perceived on live after release of Gates of Discord
raid_zone - Game rules specific to certain types of raid zone
merc_test - Dev test rules for mercenary testing only

Notice that I am very confused by the two default sets. And, I am probably wrong about the other sets too, since I am just guessing. I read in another thread that the server code itself has default rules hard coded, and the rule set chosen for a zone in the database overrides the code defaults. If that's true, why are there "default" rule sets at all? I also noticed that one of the differences between the default and EQEmu_Default rule sets is the taunt over level value. The default set has no taunting over level, but the other has yes taunting over level. Why do the defaults differ in this way? If I am not mistaken, the taunt over level capability changed on live before 2000. I thought that the PEQ database "out of the box" had rules that were closer to live than to before 2000. Yet, the out of box database uses the default set for most zones.

Thanks for any clarity you all can provide me. I am trying to figure out which rule set I want to set on my zones.
Old 03-23-2016, 02:26 PM
Coenxai
Hill Giant

Certain zones use different rule sets. You can view which zone is using which rule set under your `zone` table.

Oh, sorry. I believe at one point there was duplicate entries for each rule set, but that was purged. Maybe it was too confusing for the general population who uses EQEmu? I don't know.

If you or they need them in a different rule set they could always add them back without too much difficulty.