Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-03-2010, 06:53 PM
toddfx
Fire Beetle

Default Multi-Boxing Fun

Before the age of the emulator, I never had the opportunity to multi-box as I could only afford to have a single EQ account. I recently started playing with two characters and am loving it!

Currently I'm using a Bard and Monk, which is making for a pretty deadly duo. I love the DPS and healing rate I can get between the two, and it's great being able to kill red cons with relative ease. I normally play a single monk, so it's been nice having the bard to carry my loot and coinage.

I'm looking to add a third, and am just wondering what classes others like to multi-box. I started a wizard for more DPS, but am realizing that maybe a druid or shaman would be a better choice. Some heals/buffs would be an excellent addition, and the druids porting ability would also come in handy.

Anyway, I am just curious to hear others opinions and experiences with multi-boxing. Currently I am using two computers for this.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:32 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

Bard/Monk should work well, just toss in a Druid for heals/nukes and you should be set. A Shaman can be a great duo class but since you already have a Bard the Shaman's main ability, slowing, is not really needed.

Boxing multiple toons is alot of fun, I always boxed a Shaman/Monk combination and sometimes added a Cleric/Paladin or Warrior for harder fights.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:48 AM
WkimWes
Sarnak

Yeah I would add the Druid if you already have the bard. I use to 3 box a shammy, pally and mage. Powerful trio for me, it rocked. Druid would add more to your little group (heals, buffs, nukes), than a shammy.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:18 PM
toddfx
Fire Beetle

Wow I cannot get over how fun multi-boxing is! It's fairly stress-free when its just me running around soloing (with myself?) but grouping up with other people is the ultimate test of multi-tasking. Juggling between pulling with the bard, twisting songs, using monk abilities, and keeping both characters in range/sight of the mob is pretty intense! If myself or the tank can hold aggro then it's no problem, but when we get adds and mobs start running all over the place it can get pretty nuts trying to keep up with everything!

Rather than running two instances of the game, I'm using two computers side by side. I feel like it allows me to continuously control both simultaneously, where as Alt-Tabbing between windows would just waste time/clicks and probably throw off my bard twisting. It definitely takes some strategy and concentration to keep on track though, and I love it!

I'll admit I have gotten bored of playing single characters in the past. It can be difficult for me to sit in a camping group hitting my same buttons for hours on end. With the second character added in though, there is rarely a moment of downtime and I really have to stay on my toes. It makes time and exp really fly by.