Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 03-19-2016, 04:29 PM
superemu
Sarnak

Default Add a new title and suffix for a specific character

Hello all! I recently set up a EQEMU server and am having a blast messing around with it. I have wanted to play with an EQ server for a long, long time, and am so glad I finally got around to doing it.

I have a seriously newbie question. I want to give a specific character a title and suffix but make them available to no other players. I tried simply setting the title and suffix fields in the character_data record, but only the title displays. The suffix does not. I tried adding a new title record with the correct title and suffix, but I can't figure out how to get it to show up in the titles window for this character. I even tried setting the title record char_id to the character_data record id, but that doesn't seem to do anything.

The #title command works, but I don't see an accompanying command for suffix.

Any ideas?
Old 03-19-2016, 04:37 PM
Coenxai
Hill Giant

You can use #title but they won't ever be able to revert to it. If you want a specific character to have permanent access you'll have to add the title in the database under the table `titles`.

#lastname of_the_Depths (singular use suffix, much like #title; It's also important to note this is the surname space)

#titlesuffix <Text>

You can also seemingly add 1 after title or titlesuffix to save to the database. Then, I'd imagine you just need to #reloadtitles.

Ex:
#titlesuffix Example_Suffix_To_DB 1
#reloadtitles
Shift+T

I've never used it though! Good luck!
Old 03-19-2016, 05:00 PM
superemu
Sarnak

Yes! This worked! Thank you very much!