Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 03-24-2016, 09:58 PM
Gamer4life
Fire Beetle

Default Old Axclassic repacks? PEQ

Does anyone know where I could find old axclassic repacks? I know it's no longer supported/updated regularly anymore but that's ok because I am looking for an old repack. I am looking for the repack that lets you switch databases. If you don't like the ax classic database, you can use the PEQ database instead with a click of a button you can switch between databases.

The most recent one I have, axclassic repack 3.0.5 doesn't let you select which database to use in its interface GUI. I need to find a older ax classic repack that lets you use the peq database instead.

Can someone please PM me if they have an old repack of ax classic? For example, axclassic repack 2.1.6 or older would be great because it lets you switch between AX and PEQ databases with a click of button. Thanks
Old 03-24-2016, 10:16 PM
provocating
Demi-God

I just checked, all I have is 3.05
Old 03-25-2016, 08:39 AM
Gamer4life
Fire Beetle

My biggest problem I'm using the axclassic database repack 3.0.5 by default and is the xp is too slow and mobs hit too hard. regaining health is too slow. I don't really like playing with bots either. The game works but the problem is overall gameplay is frustrating.

I don't know how to change it, do you?
Old 03-25-2016, 08:40 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Every bit of that is in your rules_values table, all can be changed.
Old 03-25-2016, 11:45 AM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

Is what you're after not here? https://github.com/axclassic/project-axclassic

There's an AX-PEQ database in there.

I have the AX database (not sure which one) updated to the latest schema. If you wanted to use that, it'd have all the AX settings but work with the current EMU source.
Old 03-25-2016, 01:39 PM
Gamer4life
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by provocating View Post
Every bit of that is in your rules_values table, all can be changed.
I found a brief guide on Server Rules Values right here, however there's no walkthrough/guide on how to make changes to what or precisely what the decimals mean, etc.
http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Server_Rules

I booted up HeidiSQL. I found the rules_values table you're talking about. Ok, so how do I make the necessary changes?

As I understand it, the rules_values manage the rules of the server??

How do I change how much xp is received and how hard the mobs hit, etc?
I've tried changing the number in "ExpMultiplier" but it doesn't save any of my changes. I go in-game and the xp is still slow, like no changes have ever been made.

What am I doing wrong? I looked back in HeidiSQL at the rules_values table and the numbers have reverted back to the old number.

For some reason it doesn't save any of my changes and always reverts back to the old numbers/decimal.

How do I save my changes? Once I've made changes in the rules_values table, how do I prevent it from reverting back?
Old 03-25-2016, 02:06 PM
provocating
Demi-God

After you make a change do a #reloadallrules
Old 03-25-2016, 02:23 PM
Gamer4life
Fire Beetle

Ok, is that in-game?

Also how do I save changes in HeidiSQL?
Old 03-25-2016, 02:53 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Yes, do that in game as GM.

Well if you just are editing a result in Heidi, simply clicking out of a row should save it.
Old 03-26-2016, 08:04 AM
Gamer4life
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Yes, do that in game as GM.

Well if you just are editing a result in Heidi, simply clicking out of a row should save it.
Wow!! That made a big difference.

I did exactly as you said. When I put in my changes, I simply clicked out onto another row and it auto-saved it.

When I logged in-game, I went into GM mode and the command text you mentioned didn't work. Red text message pops up and says "Command 'reloadallrules' not recognized". (and yes I did put the # symbol in front it)

But it doesn't matter. I logged out of the game and logged back in-game like normally (without GM mode on) and logged into my character and it turns out all the rules changes I made worked perfectly fine.

Thank you. You guys are geniuses!

(The only thing I changed only one rule at a time to test it out first before making more rule changes in the database)

I changed the Expmultiplier from 0.5 to 9.0 instead.
I changed the DeathExpLossLevel from 1 to 65 instead.
and I changed the DeathItemLossLevel from 2 to 65 instead.
(lvl 65 is the max level on my LAN server)

With these new changes, I never lose any xp and never lose any items if my character dies, so no CRs.

I increased the xp amount as well but I wonder is it possible to go higher than 9.0? Does 9.0 mean the xp is 9x times faster?

Hehe. If only I could figure out how to make the mobs not hit so hard, so far this is perfect for me.
Old 03-26-2016, 10:09 AM
provocating
Demi-God

The command should still work, I see it in the source.

Code:
command_add("reloadallrules", "Executes a reload of all rules.", 80, command_reloadallrules) ||
Old 03-26-2016, 08:30 PM
Gamer4life
Fire Beetle

Quote:
The command should still work, I see it in the source.

Code:
command_add("reloadallrules", "Executes a reload of all rules.", 80, command_reloadallrules) ||
Thank you for the assistance
Old 03-26-2016, 09:16 PM
Gamer4life
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0ctrnl View Post
Is what you're after not here? https://github.com/axclassic/project-axclassic

There's an AX-PEQ database in there.

I have the AX database (not sure which one) updated to the latest schema. If you wanted to use that, it'd have all the AX settings but work with the current EMU source.
Thanks for the link. I'm curious in your experience what server rules do you think work best? Have you ever customized your ax database?? Or do you just use the default settings?
Old 03-26-2016, 10:08 PM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

To be honest, I don't actually use the AX database for a running server. I use it as a reference for spawns and such.

So I downloaded the AX database clean today and updated it to the latest schema. I did a little testing with it and it looked good. If this helps you, here's the link for downloading it - https://github.com/N0ctrnl/UpdatedDB...ql.gz?raw=true

I didn't do anything to it other than update it. So it'll at least work with all the tools. Maybe that'll help you work on things a little easier.
Old 03-27-2016, 10:01 AM
Gamer4life
Fire Beetle

Ok after experimenting in-game, I took my lvl 51 Druid into Mistmoore to camp for the advisor. the advisor and his two guards hit really hard. Lots of HPs. Too much for a mob that lvl. I have no memory of him being that lethal back when I played live in 2005.

My 51 Druid had a hard time killing him.

What gives? The advisor is a mid-level mob (35ish?) and took quite a while to finally kill.

I notice others have this same problem with axclassic...
Quote:
"Lower Guk mobs on steroids"
http://forums.axclassic.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2792
Seems like dungeons zone mobs hit harder than normal. Lower lvl n00bie zones this is not problem. Mobs are behaving normal.

It's only mid to high level zone mobs that are doing this.

I haven't tried out the other dungeons.

I did read Lower Guk had this same problem.

I'd hate to keep tweaking the ax database because it might effect game stability.

What I have works fine, never crashes, no error messages, etc. perfectly stable. Any ideas?