Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 10-30-2018, 09:18 PM
naderslovechild
Fire Beetle

Default Unknown Error When Joining A Server

For the past couple of weeks I have had trouble logging into servers (0 problem logging in to server list).

I keep getting "An unknown error has occurred while trying to join the server". The only way I have gotten it to work is to close the client completely and try again. Sometimes this can take 30+ minutes.

Others seem to be getting this error occasionally, but no one else seems to be having this much of a problem.

Could it be an issue with the ports on my router or something? It doesn't seem to be limited to 1 server, when it's happening I can't log into anything.

Note: I played for about 2 weeks with 0 issues, then one night it started happening an never stopped. Cannot think of anything on my end that changed in that time.
Old 10-31-2018, 09:11 AM
Sturm
Hill Giant

It's the Login Server having an issue, it's not your computer and there's nothing you can do to fix it. This effects all server's that run on the public login server which is why it's not limited to just the 1 server you play on.
Just keep clicking join and it will eventually let you through, when it happens I just get up and go do something else for 30min then try again.

Tags
error, loginserver