Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::News

General::News EQemu news posts.

Old 04-25-2005, 11:44 AM
aragon
Sarnak

Talking

Did some tests on someone server and found some bugs with #zone command. I tryed to zone from freeport west to pok with #zone poknowledge, and receive an message saying I wasnt experiented enough to travel to planes... then port me inside the water and I couldnt move. Guess what? Died Another try to port it froze the game and I couldnt move at all. A part from the command found a bug on database, still in freeport west, with the guards assist. I trained 2 mobs and run inside the city, one guard follow my train but didnt assist...Guess again? LOL ... well at least he didnt help the mobs to kill me...

WTB 2 rezzes in freeportwest pst!!
Old 04-25-2005, 12:12 PM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Cool

Hum hum hum
PEQ server running in VELIOUS peq database (strange no ?) Http://www.projecteq.net
You can zone only on Classic+kunark+velious zones and not Poknowledge (Planes of power extension).
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:01 PM
kawika
Sarnak

Quote:
You can zone only on Classic+kunark+velious zones and not Poknowledge (Planes of power extension).
Negative! The Velious database means that only the zones up to Velious are populated. You can definately zone to zones up to the latest DoN expansion, however, they will not be populated. If I'm wrong, feel free to flame this post...but for once I think I'm on the right track.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:13 PM
RangerDown
Demi-God

You're right and wrong. It's within your power to modify the entries in the zone table so you can zone there. But the database ships with these zones restricted by default.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:38 PM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawika
Negative! The Velious database means that only the zones up to Velious are populated. You can definately zone to zones up to the latest DoN expansion, however, they will not be populated. If I'm wrong, feel free to flame this post...but for once I think I'm on the right track.
I'm not wrong, if you aren't in PEQ staff, you can't zone in (Because need admin priv). In my serveur, i can zone where i want, not in PEQ server. Sorry but i didn't think i need to explain all details...
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:28 AM
Raggnarokh
Fire Beetle

i got another bug, nothing seriuos , i was killing at the orc camp at Wc, and some apprendice casted Blind on me ,so i got a black screen, then died because the massive aggro i got ... well i resurected at my guild but i was still being blinded by that spell , u may thing that the game got frozen but I pressed "1" and the combat music started...
And they are right , guards dont assist they just go and follow a mob ( dunno why)
Well ill try to do my Beta Testing better

See u later guys

Have fun

Ps= Soz for my bad english :(
Old 04-26-2005, 05:55 AM
CorvusCorvanes
Fire Beetle

Default bug

Just last night while me and my friends were logged in. We experienced an auto attack bug. At first we couldnt attack or anything, but if we used a ranged attack it would fix the whole problem. Just thought id let you guys know.

EDIT:
Also just found out highkeep is bugged as well

Last edited by CorvusCorvanes; 04-26-2005 at 08:13 PM..
Old 04-26-2005, 06:36 AM
stragee
Fire Beetle

Default A few bugs

I guess these bugs I have listed may not be applicable but I figured I'd list them anyway to try and help.

1. First necro pet ever cast was summoned without a bone chip.

2. Pets do no show walking animation.

3. Pets do not die upon logging out.

4. Poison spells randomly last longer then they should on my toon.

5. Poison does not drop off after dying and spawning at bind point.

6. Dying does not necessarily mean one will spawn at bind point.

7. 10%+ of the mobs on a map are concidered out of range for attack.
(server side lag issue I would suspect)

8. Fear is not working at all as I'm sure everyone is well aware of.

9. Ranged weapons are not functioning.

10. West commons zone has been down most of the day.

I think thats it so far. I will continue to test and see what else I can find and edit this post if/when I find more.

Last edited by stragee; 04-26-2005 at 06:17 PM..
Old 04-26-2005, 08:00 AM
Thatguyfoo
Fire Beetle

im gettting a user//pass error when i try to log in. dont think my eqhost text is correct tho i copied from the site numerous times. can someone post their eqhost text that has gotten in would help much, thanks.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:45 AM
Raggnarokh
Fire Beetle

yesterday i had a extrange error.

I was on Kurn`s Tower and suddenly i could attack or cast any spell,but mobs didnt hit me , they just started to run after me , i had to log cause i couldnt even open a door...

another problem, i zoned to Wc from Ec and my char goes intro a endless loop
i got myself in Wc with a "loading zone " screen and a messed chat screen with letters all over the chat windows ( kind of creepy) . if u use any kind of register
name is Thaall

Have a nice day
Old 04-27-2005, 02:58 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

It may be intentional for pets not to die upon logging out. SOE recently added pets to the no-rent ruleset -- that is, if you log back on within 30 minutes of logging off, you will still have your pet.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:33 AM
SiliconeClone
Sarnak

On the pets not showing walking animation, make sure that you have human male models turned on. This fixed the issue for me as these are old pets for some reason and the old ones always need Male Humans turned on.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:42 AM
Cy7
Fire Beetle

Default Some stuff...

First of all, thanks eqemu guys for taking your free time to create the new version for us. The beta is looking great.

This should be a priority - Endless zoning loop bug between zones. Im having the same problem as rag with 2 characters on 2 seperate accounts. These characters are cought in an endless loop of zoning between west freeport and WC. If I could bypass this bug myself, I would. But they are perminently cought in a zoning loop where I cant #zone out. If the GM's can, could you warp characters 'Alick' and 'Shaneco' out of this endless loop. Like I said, this bug should be a priority to fix, since players cannot "deal" with it.

Necro pets seem to be slightly overpowered. They cast a higher level lifetap that I am unfamiliar with. Level 4 necro pet can knock a level 8 mob down from 100% to 50%. Level 4 necro pet also seems to hit for 10-30's. I donno if this has already been an issue since I have only recently joined the eqemu community.

Also, should there be a seperate forum for Beta Bugs so we can list problems? Or am I just not aware of the place where the beta testers relay there findings to the developers?

Anyway, keep it up guys, thanks again! =)
Old 04-27-2005, 06:51 AM
Cy7
Fire Beetle

Oh, sorry, I just found the PEQ Char Mover on the other site. So I can "deal" with the zone bug now, lol. Still, it is a troublesome bug.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:52 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cy7
Also, should there be a seperate forum for Beta Bugs so we can list problems? Or am I just not aware of the place where the beta testers relay there findings to the developers?
If you believe the problems are database related, post them on the Velious Beta forums at http://www.projecteq.net

While I can't verify it at this time, there's a good chance that the zone line and pet spells are database related.