Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::News

General::News EQemu news posts.

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 04:40 AM
fathernitwit
Developer

Default Live Is Coming

Hey guys,

Live is coming... we are going to beta live compatibility on PEQ this weekend, and we plan to put out a relase once we are sure its working relatively well..

Both Doodman and I have been tired of chasing live for a long time... so chances are that we will NOT continue to chase live any time soon. We have about 1 month until DoD hits, thats when we expect the next patch. Basically.. patch up cause were gunna be on this patch date for a long time. Word has it that sony has some major changes as far as structure scrambling in the works, and if that hits, its going to double the effort required to catch up... If you have a working patch for 6.1 right now, you prolly wanna save it just in case we dont make it.

List of known issues:
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...akka=Issues062

Last edited by fathernitwit; 08-22-2005 at 12:42 AM..
Old 08-20-2005, 08:03 AM
computervirus04
Fire Beetle

good thing i found eqemu before the next update

good luck with the testing
Old 08-20-2005, 11:01 AM
Shoeberto
Fire Beetle

Yeah, good luck with this. I'm looking forward to its release.
Old 08-20-2005, 07:27 PM
Belfedia
Demi-God

I think we understand, you chase the live since too long time...
Time is to make a Real release for work only on game's bugs.

Thanks to doodman and you for the ENORMOUS work !
Very BIG thanks !
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:39 AM
Woodlife Treestrider
Banned

Aye, thank you guys. You make the EQEmu world go round... so to speak. Keep up the good work.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:22 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by fathernitwit
Hey guys,

Live is coming... we are going to beta live compatibility on PEQ this weekend, and we plan to put out a relase once we are sure its working relatively well..

Both Doodman and I have been tired of chasing live for a long time... so chances are that we will NOT continue to chase live any time soon. We have about 1 month until DoD hits, thats when we expect the next patch. Basically.. patch up cause were gunna be on this patch date for a long time. Word has it that sony has some major changes as far as structure scrambling in the works, and if that hits, its going to double the effort required to catch up... If you have a working patch for 6.1 right now, you prolly wanna save it just in case we dont make it.
How did it go last night ?? I hung around in IRC a bit and it seems you guys are having all the problems that 6.1 has....
I tried to upgrade my shard and had the same results.....ick...
good luck with that...

www.cheaterz.info
Old 08-21-2005, 04:36 AM
computervirus04
Fire Beetle

well i was able to make a character and walk around in my spawn zone but even #zone makes my game crash so i couldnt go anywhere :/
Old 08-21-2005, 03:42 PM
partyfriend
Fire Beetle

Default PEQ beta

i played a bit and i just zoned normally and that worked although after about 30 min of playing i could no longer target anything but on the whole great job i was pleasantly surprised at how well it worked
Old 08-22-2005, 03:53 AM
keerwen
Fire Beetle

sweet thanks for the hard work on this all if i knew anything about programming i would try to help but well i get lost pretty quick on it all.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:20 PM
computervirus04
Fire Beetle

there is a problem i seem to be having. when i actually can get into the game, after a while no commands will work for me, nor can i attack or open any merchent windows, so i have to relog on again.

any suggestions?

Last edited by computervirus04; 08-24-2005 at 06:03 PM..
Old 08-23-2005, 07:25 PM
WisCorp
Fire Beetle

I got a question, I patched to live and was wondering what EQHost the PEQ uses? I tried the one on the Play Guide forums but it wouldnt let me connect at all, just sat there waiting to connect.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:32 PM
computervirus04
Fire Beetle

[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5998
Old 08-26-2005, 07:41 PM
Rubulisk
Fire Beetle

So by catching up with live do they mean that if I were to have patched last week, I will be able to play? Or live as in a month ago live?

Any info (PM or post) would be nice, thanks in advance.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:53 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubulisk
So by catching up with live do they mean that if I were to have patched last week, I will be able to play? Or live as in a month ago live?

Any info (PM or post) would be nice, thanks in advance.
At first I thought the Black Werewolf one wouldnt work cause Id "heard" that there was a patch that broke 6.2 on this site. But either I misunderstood or whatever. But I was curious to find out for myself so a few days ago I changed my live compatible to log into the emu. Seems to work fine. So its there and working great.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:37 PM
Caskin
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by computervirus04
there is a problem i seem to be having. when i actually can get into the game, after a while no commands will work for me, nor can i attack or open any merchent windows, so i have to relog on again.
same here, i have the choice of zoning once or killing 1 mob then all i can do is run around until i leave and come back
Closed Thread