Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 07:14 AM
Smedy
Sarnak

sounds cool, just abit worried about the lvl 50 being able to attack all people. They better get alot of exp loss for cock blocking people around lvl 30

im sad to hear you guys are deelayed, i hope everything goes well, i would be highly interessted in joining the closed beta when avaible! keep up the good work
Old 06-03-2006, 07:18 AM
klamath
Sarnak

If they attack anyone under 23 they fall an whole level attack anyone over 23 under 46 will lose half and the exp is kinda slow so u don't want to lose that much.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:20 AM
realwopr
Fire Beetle

how exactly are mag pets going to work? are they going to behave exactly like old world? have you considered adding any of the new AA mag commands like /pet hold? This was one thing that mages have always wanted and believed should have been in since release.

Also, are mod rods going to behave as they did oldworld (insta recast) or post-nerf?
Old 06-08-2006, 01:49 PM
xxcrominxx
Fire Beetle

I have played EQ for about 4 years and have never played on a pvp server. Could someone give me some good aspects about playing pvp to get me interested? I'd really like to try out this server.
Old 06-11-2006, 01:20 PM
zeroman987
Fire Beetle

Is the game going to have a website/forums?
Old 06-11-2006, 08:24 PM
SmoothiE
Fire Beetle

1 item loot... no no drop items... Like rallos zek and firona vie combined!
Old 06-18-2006, 05:15 AM
JoeP
Fire Beetle

I used to play on Rallos Zek. I'll definately check out this server. I haven't played eq in years.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:06 AM
Doughnutz
Sarnak

imo, I'll try it but I know people will still hack. This is EQEmulator...everyone can find a way to hack.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:54 AM
Z.Wylde
Sarnak

Looks like fun, i'm sure I'll check it out when it opens =)

You should either make 1 item lootable per kill, and/or a pvp point system where you can buy items with points like guildwars.

World of warcraft has a cool pvp aspect too... buy items per rank, maintain X amount of kills per week - and maintain 'X' rank in which you can buy a certain MR or common pvp item.

I hope a lot of people play! I miss guildwars, but this look like it will be fun!
Old 06-28-2006, 07:34 AM
fanman55
Sarnak

Seems like a great server, I'll definitely give it a try.
Old 06-29-2006, 06:17 AM
klamath
Sarnak

Beta's will be up shortly please msg me with a password and username of your likeing this password and username must not match any of eqemu's servers thanks.

The people chosen will get a link to the site thank you.

In your msg please say why u wan't in the beta.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:42 PM
klamath
Sarnak

If you didn't get a msg that means u didn't make it into the beta stage sorry.

We have now 40 beta testers only 3 was accept on the emu site due to a superb app.

So far we have found 4 bugs and they have been fixed. The count down to the grand open as started ------ August the First 6 EST --------- See you all there. The Website will be given a day befor the open, with all the needed stuff on how to connect, and we have intro movie what will be linked soon as we feel good with it.

News update. Xp is normal classic XP ------ Rallos Zek rules with bonus added rules as showed early in this topic please look back to find them.

We do plan to open kunark but not untill the player base is good and ready so far kunark is 23% done with over 100 quest but won't open untill we have a good and stable playerbase so could be a few months or it won't be opened at all. For kunark to be opened we are looking for around 200-250 players.

For kunark the level's won't be raised for pvp purpose the mobs will be the same as live but u got to deal with them at level 50 with no aa's so it stays as a challenge to everyone.

Guild Cap is 40 and it will only have 40 players with the same guild tag in anyone zone if your are unguilded and in the same zone as the guilded people you can't damage the mob or heal them but you can use damage nukes and dots to kill them so just like normal but you can't help them.

New system added if you do /battle it will enter you to the arena when there is 10 people in the list if you leave the arena or die you will be ported back to where you was when you did /battle.

The winner of the battle with walk away with 20 pvp kills and a title. When you are killed or logged out for more then 2 days your title goes away.

/Guildbattle will enter your online members to the battle max 40 / so you have to wait untill a guild of 20+ members does the same and you will all be ported to the arena for a great battle.

If you are logged out for more then 2 day you will lose 100 pvp kills a day. And lose any entry you have gained.

All GM's will only have access to summon remove pvp kills and kick ban.

If your item's poofed the gm's online at the time will have to leave a note for the admin to check logs befor returning your item to your char.

See you all soon

Klamath.

The Last Stand .
Old 07-11-2006, 01:51 PM
XebeknSZ
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by klamath
We have added a new testing pvp rule, you will now have to kill 250 players to attack Lord nagafern, If you drop below 250 kills. It will fall by 150 a week, You will get ported out if u get in LoS of the Lord , 300 for Lady voxx 500 for Cazic thulle.

1 to 9 no pvp - 10-18 18-26 26-34 34-42 42-46 46-50 hope it works out.
How do you drop below 250 kills? If you can drop Im guessing you can lose kills? How does this happen

So its not your level range +/- 8 levels (IE im level 30 i can attack 22-3, you can only attack people in your level range stated above (IE im 42 and no one high level than me can attack me besides a 50 but i can attack anyone between 42-34)

BTW if you check out eqforums people are settling for a progression pvp server when 99% want a classic EQ pvp server. You are giving them what they want not meeting them halfway. You said after 250 play you will open kunark which makes me think that you dont expect the population to be huge. I think you should advertise this and get a ton of people to play. 250 seems kinda boring to me. I think Zek has more than that now and I quit when there were around 1000 or so elft (just a guess) because it was hard to find pvp. Get the word out there and attract a ton of people.

PS. If you can enlighten me on those rules im confused about i would greatly appreciate it.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:10 PM
mattmeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by XebeknSZ
How do you drop below 250 kills? If you can drop Im guessing you can lose kills? How does this happen
Its specificaly stated you loose 150 a week, =)

Quote:
I think you should advertise this and get a ton of people to play
Thats the quickest way to a C&D from sony, the second you advertise and are mentioned on lives forums they will send you one, its happened a few times before.

Do NOT advertise, do word of mouth.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:22 PM
XebeknSZ
Sarnak

Prophetsofsz.org has a post about it. You can ask Hemick to take it down and give him a reason and he will probably do it because the server you offer is one that he has been pushing for, for quite some time. http://prophetsofsz.org/viewtopic.php?t=413

And what about my level range question?
Closed Thread