Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-01-2017, 11:37 PM
emho24
Fire Beetle

Default Focus effect on an augmentation?

Do focus effects work when you put it on an augmentation and then put that augmentation into a piece of gear? As usual I try to find the answers by searching the forums but I've not had any luck with this topic.

Example:
- level 75 wizard is wearing Keikolin's Runestruck Sleeves which has the worn effect Sothgar's Rancor (+65% fire damage) and I cast level 1 Shock of Fire (20 damage), I get the the message "Your sleeves feel alive with power" and the damage is over 20 (usually 28ish). The focus effect is working.

- level 75 wizard is wearing shoes augmented with an aug I created (which has the worn effect Sothgar's Rancor (+65% fire damage)) and I cast level 1 Shock of Fire (20 damage), I get no focus message and the damage is constant 20. The focus effect is not working.
Old 04-02-2017, 02:26 AM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Should. I haven't actually verified it myself, but in theory it should work :P
Old 04-02-2017, 10:48 AM
emho24
Fire Beetle

This does indeed work, it was a dumb mistake on my part. Years ago I learned that working late into the night was fruitless, because tasks that should take 15 minutes to do end up taking 3 hours because you are mentally tired. Why I try to build this game server at night when I'm mentally spent is beyond me.

I had screwed this up by accidentally setting the Worn Effect field and not the Focus Effect field. Maybe I need to quit working on this server of mine at night and just get up early in the morning instead.