Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2017, 04:09 PM
Movement
Sarnak

Default Quest issue

So I have posted the following post originally at: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...285#post256285

But I am not getting a response from anyone, not sure if its a difficult issue and no one knows, or if that forum just has very low traffic and not many people have seen this post, so I am trying my luck here. I dont normally cross-post and I dont like to, so if this is against the rules I apologize in advance and will remove this post. The original post found at the link above is below, and I am hoping that someone can help me out here. The gist of it is I am having trouble getting a named PC that I have created to update the last step of a "TASK" to give the final reward. I have tried both event_death and event_death_complete. I have checked my SQL several times with regard to the NPC, the Task, the activity, and the drop to no avail. When you kill the NPC (as the last step) the activity is supposed to activate in the task and complete the task and give you the reward (item) on your cursor. But when you kill him nothing is happening. I suspect there is something I have overlooked, or my syntax is wrong, or some other issue I am unaware of. I am hoping someone can respond and give me insight to fix this so I can continue development of my server. Thanks in advance!

Original post in the Support: Windows Servers subforum:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Im running a quest (task). Lets say activity ID 273. The objective in this specific task is on the last step. The objective requires you to kill a specific named mob. I am killing the mob in question but the quest isnt updating. Can someone tell me (in LUA) what the function is for "on mob death update this objective"? This is what I have below in the [mob_name].lua file in the /quest/zone_name directory:

Code:

function event_death_complete(e)

e.other:UpdateTaskActivity(273,7,1);
end
end

Or give me a perl version?

Edit: I removed the .LUA version above and also tried a PERL version to no avail:

Code:

sub EVENT_DEATH {
quest::updatetaskactivity(273, 7,);
}

end code

Edit: I have spent about two days scouring the internet for a very good quest walkthrough but havent come across anything, I am more than willing to try some suggestions if anyone has a good source!

Thanks in advance!

Other steps I have tried to resolve this:

Google search (Of course!!)
Trying 3rd party "quest" programs such as: George's Quest tool
Pouring over code and info for LUA and Perl functions
Checked checked and re-checked my database for syntax errors...etc
Checked many posts on this site
Tried different combinations of perl/LUA commands/scripts

It should be added that I can manually (as a GM) force the game to update the database and task by typing the command in game. It updates the task and the task empties out/completes (although it doesnt give me the final reward, but thats a minor issue I can work on later). But killing the mob above will not cause the task to update for some reason.