Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 07-16-2018, 06:27 PM
Macros96
Fire Beetle

Question New server - tasks not working

I just installed a new server on a Win 2012 R2 VM using the automated installer in the wiki. The server appears to be working in most respects. I can log in, create chars, fight, zone around, etc. The thing that is not working is the Task system. When creating a new char I get a couple chat messages:

Invalid TaskID 22
Invalid TaskID 23

None of the tutorial tasks trigger or show up in the task window.

When I run the #task reloadall command I get a MySQL error 1054: Unknown column 'startzone' in 'field' list ---SELECT 'id', 'duration', <snip> FROM 'tasks' WHERE 'id' < 10000

(cut some of the selected columns, but you get the idea)

I have tried several client versions as well as updating the database, binaries, quests, etc. to no avail.

Another odd issue, maybe unrelated is that weapon procs (tested Gold Plated Koshigatana from Nagafen) are giving an error "You must select a target for this spell" or similar.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-16-2018, 07:50 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

From what I gather, it seems you updated your database manually beyond what the database version is in your server. Meaning, with the changes to tasks done recently, you modified your tasks table and changed the columns. This has caused there to be a mismatch due to your database being newer than your source code.
Old 07-16-2018, 08:00 PM
Macros96
Fire Beetle

That makes a lot of sense. The strange bit is that it does this on a completely fresh install. I only manually updated the database after noticing some of the strangeness. I spun up a fresh VM and installed from scratch with the same result.

Finding some luck in the wiki and github pages. Thanks for the help!

Edit: Grabbed the latest binaries and tasks are working again. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:46 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

You're welcome.