Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 07-22-2018, 09:43 AM
kris1
Sarnak

Default Changing Pets

I'm trying to play around (I have no real goal, jut trying to learn) with pets...I was trying to change my mage pet to look like something other than the typical mage pet graphic.

So, I figured out that the "teleport_zone" field in the "spells_new" table correlates to the "type" field in the "pets" table. And I figured out that "npcID" field in the "pets" table corresponds with the "id" field in the "npc_types" table. And I even figured out which of the 8 "SumEarthR16" (for this example I was using the lvl 70 mag spell "Child of Earth") rows corresponded with the spell I was using, by process of elimination. I changed all the applicable rows to the new npc model that I wanted for my pet (in this case i was trying with Lady Vox), and successfully got it to summon a Lady Vox modeled pet named vonaner. And I one by one removed the change to a row at a time until I identified the applicable line for this spell...I would have thought the "petpower" field in the "pets" table would have corresponded with the level of the spell being cast, but that is not the case...

Does anyone know how to make logical sense of this, so i can avoid the process of elimination to find the appropriate "petpower" model I need to use?

Also, Does anyone know how the "petnaming" field works? with it set with a value of 3, it seems to be random naming, like a mage pet would normally be. I can't find any place where you would be able to apply a static name...I'm going to try changing the 3 to a 0, 1, or 2 and see if it then carries over the name of the NPC that you apply to the pet model...Then I would imagine I could just make a copy of the 'npc_type" and rename it as I choose...If anyone has any insight to this, that would rock.

Thanks in advance to anyone that takes the time.
Old 07-22-2018, 01:30 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

each pet spell corresponds to a set of NPCs. So if we look in the pets table, we can search for type (SumEarthR16 in this case) and get all the NPC Type IDs for each pet focus.

I would also recommend setting up peq editor or some other tool, it makes it easier to edit shit.
Old 07-22-2018, 05:40 PM
kris1
Sarnak

I am currently using HeidiSQL...is that what you mean?
Old 07-22-2018, 08:48 PM
kokey98
Hill Giant

the spell id's will correspond to lucy/allla url's. "spellid=xxxx" in url or on lucy probably a label / value listed. will make it easier to select just what you want to see to work with it.

as far as petpower, i'd use existing pets to deduce what you need to know - select for a few known ones and see how it changes per pet level etc. or, even existing pet focus items.

github wiki for database, if there is any info on pet naming stuff or more:

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?pets

when i try to load the db schema in wiki, it's 'too large to load' (firefox problem?), so google typically gets me there faster.

anyway, looks like "4" is what you want and it correpsonds to another table.