Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 04-26-2010, 07:52 PM
Auxie
Fire Beetle

Default Is this possible? (pvp)

So i'd like to have pvp rules in a zone on a server that is majorly non-pvp. In fact only one zone would follow real pvp server rules such as custom item loot.

There are a lot of ways i'm going around this currently including a /quests/templates/player.pl that removes the pvp status on zone in (successfully) but what I cannot get around is that you can /duel another character and still loot the custom item. I tried this in the templates/player.pl
Code:
sub EVENT_LOOT {
	if ($looted_id == "10780"){
	$client->Message(15, "You can't loot that here!");
	$client->DeleteItemInInventory("30",1,true);
	}
}
But that doesn't seem to #1 delete the item off of the cursor (30 being cursor slot_id), and #2 get around the fact that people would be able to right click loot and totally bypass the cursor clear.

Is what i'm asking totally undoable on a server that I want to mostly be PVE? Or could I tell the DB to loot a different item if the pvp happens based on a duel and not normal pvp?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:02 PM
trevius
Developer

Try this:
Code:
sub EVENT_LOOT {
	if ($looted_id == 10780){
	$client->Message(15, "You can't loot that here!");
	$client->NukeItem(10780);
	}
}
Old 04-26-2010, 11:10 PM
Auxie
Fire Beetle

Trev,

I had gone through an iteration of that but it was nuking all of the "pvp reward" coins that someone had in their inventory. While it may be a good way to dissuade people from pk corpse looting for the tokens, I'm not sure if nuking all of the offender's coins is the best way to go about it.

Although it does seem to be the only successful way to combat the issue at this time.

Thanks.

edit: come to think of it, it may be the BEST way to dissuade people from dueling for the pvp rewards (read: abusing the reward system). I'll sleep on it.

2nd edit: interestingly enough it doesn't nuke the reward coin on the cursor but it does nuke any in the inventory. If it nukes all in the bank as well then this will be my perfect solution. It's like telling the players "Sure you can do this all you want, but you will only ever profit with 1 reward coin" (not much value from reward merchant).

Last edited by Auxie; 04-26-2010 at 11:27 PM.. Reason: see above