Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 10-20-2004, 08:43 AM
cparker1125
Fire Beetle

Default Login Problems

Is it really necessary like it says on the guide to download ALL of the expansions from the patcher? Im on a cable modem and trying to download GoD, LoY, and OoW is like 5 hours + . Everytime i try and log into EQemu i can get into the character screen, it says entering the Mines of Gloomingdeep, the Everquest loading screen comes up, and then just kicks me back to server select. I can only successfully log into 5.8 and 5.9 servers, when i try to log into 6.0 i get a connection loss message. My current eqhost reads...

[LoginServer]
Host=newlogin1.eqemulator.net:5994

As far as i know thats correct, so I dont know if i need to download all the expansions to fix this problem or what? My eqlive is uptodate though. Sorry if this was a stupid question, but hopefully it can be easily answered.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:49 AM
Xothin
Sarnak

Always untick the "Start Tutorial" button.

This zone isn't working so far that I've found.

Also, a lot of the servers are experiencing black screen hangups when loading in.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:17 AM
cparker1125
Fire Beetle

Made sure tutorial wasnt checked, still didnt work, still get kicked to server select screen, no error message or anything =/ and with the eqhost set to what i have it at 5994 port, shouldnt i be able to log into 6.0 servers instead of the 5.9 and 5.8? Im such a noob :P
Old 10-20-2004, 11:39 AM
cparker1125
Fire Beetle

Ok lol, i finally got on a 6.0 DR1, was playing awhile, figured id zone to highkeep, it knocked me off. I tried to get right back on, then says connection wasnt established to server, like when your eqhost is wrong, so now i cant even log back on, any suggestions? Like i said i was playing for awhile, i changed the video mode in the game but that was it, now i cant connect back to server select at all.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:40 AM
Maulgak
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparker1125
Ok lol, i finally got on a 6.0 DR1, was playing awhile, figured id zone to highkeep, it knocked me off. I tried to get right back on, then says connection wasnt established to server, like when your eqhost is wrong, so now i cant even log back on, any suggestions? Like i said i was playing for awhile, i changed the video mode in the game but that was it, now i cant connect back to server select at all.
I'm getting it too, and the server i run keeps timeing out, so i believe EQEmu is having problems on their end with the login server.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:41 AM
inthresh
Fire Beetle

same thing is happening to me. was on that new empire server. zoned and then it kicked me. Now it just says timed out. I tried to ping the server and it timed out so i think that the server is down.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:38 PM
cparker1125
Fire Beetle

Ok thanks for fast replies, will just try tomorrow