Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-02-2009, 02:18 AM
Myaccountisbroken
Fire Beetle

Default How do I enable SoF?

Hi,I just recieved my copy of SoF in the mail,and it would be fun to be able to enable SoF on my Lan server so I could summon all the new items and look around in the new zones even though they aren't spawned.

Is there a guide somewhere that I missed that tells me what I need to do to use SoF on my server?As of right now,I can't even log into my server at all with it.Also,I saw a post somewhere(I can't remember where) where Trevius posted like 20 or so new SoF server maps,is there somewhere I can download them,and any other files I will need for that matter?

I'm really new to setting up a server,so any info would be appreciated... as long as it's not too technical for me to understand

Thx
Old 03-02-2009, 06:25 AM
trevius
Developer

The list you mention wasn't a list of maps, it was SQL for updating your zones table to add the new zones to the server. You have to remove some and then re-add the new ones. The post below explains it basically. It basically tells the server that the zone exists and stuff like the zone in safe point and such. It isn't perfect and I have made a few changes since the post, but it works for almost all of them. The ones it doesn't work right for it just starts you in the wrong spot and you have to move around with #goto to find the normal areas.

Here is the post with the SQL:
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...&postcount=163

As for enabling SoF, all you should have to do is make sure your server is updated with the latest source code or binaries and also has up to date SQL changes where needed. PEQ already has many of these updates built into the R361 release I imagine.

The only special thing you would need to set that isn't mentioned too clearly yet is that in your Variables table, you have to set the expansions row value to 16383. That will just tell the client you are using SoF so you can use the new race and see the new zones and such.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:23 AM
Myaccountisbroken
Fire Beetle

Thank you Trevius.BTW sorry if I originally started this post in the wrong section.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:48 PM
Weldarr
Sarnak

When I try to use SoF on my server, I recieve this error:

Error in GUI XML files. Check uierrors.txt

In uierrors.txt i found this:

Code:
UIErrorLog created at Mon Mar 02 20:34:07 2009
[Mon Mar 02 20:34:08 2009] XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_ChatMax[682] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_ChatMaxP[683] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_ChatMaxH[684] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_MaximizeBtnNormal[685] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_MaximizeBtnPressed[686] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_MaximizeBtnFlyby[687] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_MaximizeBtnDisabled[688] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_MaximizeBtnPressedFlyby[689] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_FiligreeThinFrameRightTop[690] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_FiligreeThinFrameRight[691] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_FiligreeThinFrameRightBottom[692] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_FiligreeThinFrameLeftTop[693] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_FiligreeThinFrameLeft[694] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_FiligreeThinFrameLeftBottom[695] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_CharacterSelect[696] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_InvPowerSource[697] referenced but NEVER declared!

[Mon Mar 02 20:34:08 2009] Error validating symbol table.
[Mon Mar 02 20:34:08 2009] Error validating symbol table.
Any idea what is causing this? I tried logging in with a titanium client and could get in just fine. But the SoF client isnt able to get to the character select screen before i recieve the error.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:59 PM
trevius
Developer

If you didn't install a fresh legal copy of SoF into it's own directory, you are bound to have random issues. Make sure you didn't install SoF over Titanium. You have to either install SoF into it's own separate directory so you have Titanium and SoF both installed in their own separate directories. Or, uninstall EQ completely and delete the directory completely and then install SoF.

Either that, or you have some custom UI set for SoF that isn't compatible. Or, maybe you tried copying your UI config files from Titanium to SoF to save time setting them up again. Don't copy the UI config files over, as they are likely to not be fully compatible if at all.