Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:41 PM
Dunge0nMastr
Hill Giant

I want to give a shout out to the dev's of this server, who have done an amazing job keeping things fun and engaging, while also providing a great amount of player/server interaction.

Anyways the purpose of this post is two-fold. One to bring more attention to this amazing server, i have to say after 8 years of playing and working on Emu's this is the best one I have found yet (lol i cant believe my join date for this forum is 2002 ><). The server offers a great custom Raid progression that is both challenging as well as fun. They are constantly creating new content for the server, and are currently developing two new raid zones, Veeshan's peak (customized of course!) and Dreadspire (with custom scripts that look amazing so far) Both of which are due out very soon! And will provide new Tier 6, 7 and 8 content for the server.

That said the second part of this post is a recruitment post for my guild. Many guilds on this server rely on multi-boxing to get anything done, partially because they feel they HAVE too, and also because some find it fun. <Mofish> is setting a new standard, we have decided that we are sick of boxing - weather it was 6 boxing on this server, boxing in live or boxing in any other game. We don't allow boxing on raids, we have progressed so far through the first 2 tiers of Raid content (Ssraezzah and ToV) with nothing but mains and are currently plowing our way through Sleepers tomb (Tier 3) having keyed up the majority of our guild now. We are currently looking to recruit people who want to have a blast with a real social guild. when you do /who all Mofish, we are all there, no boxes.

**We do allow boxing for people who wish to level alts or just have fun when not raiding. but we ask to keep it to 1 box at most, and raiding will always remain offlimits to boxing (we keep an updated set of rules in our sub-forums so either join and check it out, or ask one of the officers to clarify if your unsure what we mean)***

Currently we are looking to recruit anyone and everyone who wants to come to play this amazing server! If you are sick of boxing and want an amazing social atmosphere send me an PM here or jump over to: http://thehiddenforrest.org and PM me there (Brontu). Our current play times are all over the map (this is good) we are truly an international guild, with players from the USA West coast all the way to Taiwan and all over in between. Please consider playing this amazing server! There are also many other amazing guilds and people on this server, so if we dont fit the bill for what you are looking for, im sure theres a perfect fit for you!

We do raid primarily during European peak hours (early-mid afternoons US East) -but we do have a very active US roster who gets things done.

The server is not a no - boxing server btw, so even if u dont want to join us in Mofish, there are ample boxing opportunities and guilds on the server for any play style and play time.

Please contact the following in game/through the forums of you are interested!

Bront - Officer - (Brontu on THF forums) Contact me during USA play times (i also work graveyard so im on all night)
Jyonn - Officer - (Kuldiin on THF forums) Contact Jyonn for European play times - hes on when I'm sleeping sometimes

Thanks for your consideration, and please we definately want/need more people to come play this amazing server!

*** Edit ***

THF also offers a great - unique, and fully customized solo progression line. Alternate Progression is a great way to solo progress through specially designed content - with great custom rewards and drops. new zones are in the work with Alt-P as well, Adding Stonebrunt Mountains to the mix.

For new content in the leveling area as well, unrest is currently in the works for those Undead slayers out there, in the 1-30 level range.

Check it out! Daily updates and fixes insures that things are always running smoothly!
Old 07-07-2010, 10:13 PM
Dunge0nMastr
Hill Giant

Just to update on the Mofish Recruitment - figured id post a Link to our recruitment thread:

Mofish Recruitment Thread

Also we have cleared the 3rd tier of raid content and are working on 4 and flags for 5!

New zones available within the next two weeks as well it seems, both unrest 1-30 and a new raid Zone: Veeshan's Peak.

Thanks!
Old 08-01-2010, 03:11 AM
Nagus69
Sarnak

Alot has happened over at THF.
  • 2 new Raid zones have been released
  • long awaited Alt-Progression update was finally released
  • One new newbie zone has been released
  • new Tier7 Raidzone is about to be released starting next week

The 2 new Raidzones are tier 2 (ToV Level) and Tier 6 (PoFear Level). The Tier 2 zone is a complete revamp of StillmoonA. Complete set of new Items can be gained here, fun fights and lots of old and new faces to see here.

Veeshan's Peak is the new Tier 6 Raid zone with a complete new Zone design, interesting scripts and a Keyquest that everyone loves to hate (It's not that bad as on Live!) Custom quests and the best Armor in Game can be gotten here. Come and proof your skill in this zone only for the bravest adventurer.

Chaosslayer did it and finally released 2 new zones for the Alt-Progression, finally raising the bar again in this long awaited continuation of this unique style of play. It's completely new and offers custom and well designed quests, monsters and missions. It's so well designed and balanced, it took him more than half a year to finish. A must see!

Unrest is the new newbie zone, adding up to a total of 3 newbie zones now on THF. Unrest is a new approach, keeping the player up to lev30 busy with quests and tasks inside Unrest, introducing new Enemies and friends.

Finally, Dreadspire is about to be released this coming week. The new Tier 7 Raid zone will provide challenges for the absolute hardcore raiders and should keep you busy for weeks if not months to come. A complete set of new scripts and events will have to be beaten. Even the Trash mobs will require a new set of skills and a different technique to overcome than your usual gank and spank. New and unique Items and Jewelry and an upgrade to the already available Custom Spells (rank 1-3) are available here making each class even more powerful and balanced than they already are. This one looks so promising that im tempted to roll a char myself and sneak into one of our HighEnd guilds to play and overcome the challenges which were created here.

On a final note i want to send a invitation to all EQEmu players to check out The Hidden Forest Server. We have so much to offer for everyone, solo, group, raider, tradeskiller, quester... you name it.

Feedback is always welcome at our forums available at www.thehiddenforest.org
Old 08-01-2010, 05:52 AM
Nagus69
Sarnak

Forgot
  • Web based Guild progression chart

A new web based feature will be added (in addition to the LDoN Leaderboard, Achievements, Magelo, Allaclone) - Guild Progression Chart. Now you can compare who killed what mob first and when. Who will be the first to conquer the new Tier?!

Also, please check out our map of custom zones here
Old 08-01-2010, 06:07 AM
Lillu
Hill Giant

this (thanks Omlee!) (click for hi-res)
Old 08-03-2010, 03:12 PM
Lillu
Hill Giant

We have daily updates on THF so we usually only post here if something big happens. I'm glad to announce that Dreadspire is now officially live on THF. This is a custom tier based progression raid zone with 99 unique scripts and 15 quests. It took 4 months for Vaion (the most talented developer I know) to build this zone from the ground.. I've seen quite a lot of Everquest, but this custom zone is simply amazing. Thank you Vaion!

Details: here.

Thanks for your attention,
Old 08-18-2010, 09:59 AM
Weldarr
Sarnak

As always, we are striving to do our best over at THF and add new content and features to make everyone's time here well spent.
With that being said, I am proud to introduce our brand new feature: Player Aura's! They even stay with you as you zone and explore!

Old 08-27-2010, 01:30 PM
Dunge0nMastr
Hill Giant

After getting some positive feedback from my initial post about this server, i thought i would make an update, and another pitch 8D.

I have now formed a new raiding guild called <Shattered> we are a group of American players who are progressing quickly through content. At this point we are looking for some fresh blood. And would love to see some new players eager to jump into amazing custom raid content.

Our Recruitment thread is located Here

I no longer hold the boxing restrictions that i had in Mofish, but there is also NO requirement to box. We are made up of a group of people who Box an extra toon or two to help us, but we have a large group who dont box at all. Shattered isnt about 3 people boxing content to death, we limit 2 boxes MAX per 1 main toon, again optional boxes, But we retain the social atmosphere that we would have if noone boxed.

We are a very tight knit group of American players, who raid only 3 nights a week progression, we are laid back but get sh*t done when we need too. Currently we are desperately searching for an extra Main Healer or two, and some DPS to help us progression through the 5th and 6th (and eventually the 7th) tiers of raid content. If your intersted Check out my link above for our recruitment post - and check out the link in my sig for the THF's main site.

It is an amazing server with a great development team, who are very close with the community, and are CONSTANTLY listening to player feedback. If you have any questions about the server, the community or <Shattered> please dont hesitate to drop me a PM here, on Brontu on the THF forums, or log in, try it out and shoot me a tell in game on: Bront, Betwo, or Taelen.

Would love to see this server grow like it deserves, and they just bought an amazing set of new hardware for the server.

Thanks for reading!

Good Luck and Good Hunting whatever server you play on .
Old 09-12-2010, 02:28 AM
demen302
Fire Beetle

Is the website for the Hidden Forest down for a while? Just getting back into playing and i would like to get the custom files, but for a while all it says is it is down.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:01 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

its being relocated, but you can still access files
http://www.thehiddenforest.org/
Old 09-13-2010, 02:43 AM
Allizia
Fire Beetle

Server down for a bit or being moved to new host? Hasn't been showing up on the eqemu login server
Old 09-13-2010, 12:36 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

the server is fully active- 95 online
http://www.thehiddenforest.org/clone/online.php
Old 09-13-2010, 01:53 PM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

Chaos you goober you do realize your response was 10hours after the other guys post.
Server did indeed crash last night / early this morning and most of us crazies went to sleep.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:55 PM
Lillu
Hill Giant

Finally you got some sleep :p

Long story short, I would like to take the opportunity to appologize for the lack of communication and for our web services being temporary down for the last few days. More details about how unlucky we were at our portal. Btw the downtime had nothing to do with the game server.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:57 AM
harney5
Fire Beetle

Just wanted to stop by the emulator forums and give another plug for the server that I've enjoyed playing on over the past 12 months ( kind've crazy I've stuck with one emu server for this long ).

The guild and I have been working on the current end zone in the raid scene for the past two months working with Vaion ( the creator of the zone ) and have been progressing through it enjoying the difficulty of the events and the creativity and strategy required. I raided on live through GoD and I've played on emulator servers for over 5 years, this zone is the best raid experience I've had on emulator, and had me reliving the 'sitting on the edge of my seat' moments that I used to have on live when we thought we were going to beat an encounter for the first time ( rathe event anyone? lol ).

The current high end zone on THF is one that any EQ raiding veteran would enjoy working through with a small raid ( we had 4 real life people each 3-4 boxing, think we were sitting with 16 characters with bots ). We beat two events tonight, but the par for tier 2 of this zone is a 15-20 minute encounter with main mobs, adds, ae's, item clicks at certain spots in the encounter, tank swapping, using warriors on some mobs, knights on other etc. The encounters are extremely interactive, and just enjoyable. I don't think Vaion will ever get the recognition he deserves with the great quality of a raid zone that he produced, but hopefully this is a small step in that direction.

Ended up taking us 7 attempts over a few different nights to finally learn and beat the hatchet event.

-Harney