Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 04-10-2017, 09:12 PM
lawks
Fire Beetle

Default Cannot give myself GM status on my server.

Hiyas all, I tried looking around for some info on this subject before I posted but didn't find much.

I made my own server via the windows server installer and everything went fine, I changed the configurations for my IP address and logged into my server and made a toon. Then I realised I didn't have gm status and tried to open the eqemu_server file via command prompt but the server wouldn't even show up as a viable choice in the command prompt. Clicking on it manually just makes a black window open and close real fast.

I'm at a loss as to how or where I need to type in the world flag command to raise my status.

Or am I doing everything wrong?

Thanks in advance
Old 04-11-2017, 10:07 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

MYSQL

Open the accounts table

Set status to 255 or whatever.

Theres like 300 different posts explaining this.

Old 04-11-2017, 10:21 AM
lawks
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze_EQ View Post
MYSQL

Open the accounts table

Set status to 255 or whatever.

Theres like 300 different posts explaining this.

I can't open the MYSQL perl files either, it just flashes a command window.

The installer didn't seem to have any troubles with installing all the needed programs. Would perl be able to not be installed correctly but I can still log in to my world and diddle about?
Old 04-11-2017, 11:20 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawks View Post
I can't open the MYSQL perl files either, it just flashes a command window.

The installer didn't seem to have any troubles with installing all the needed programs. Would perl be able to not be installed correctly but I can still log in to my world and diddle about?

bruh,

I think this may be a bit too difficult for you.

Perl is not MYSQL.....

Perl is a scripting language.

MYSQL is a database.

HEIDISQL->Open Database on localhost

user root
pass eqemu

Open accounts table

change status.

Old 04-11-2017, 06:51 PM
lawks
Fire Beetle

Mhm I'm beginning to think you may be right.. I managed to get heidisql going and then found the accounts table in the performance schema list. However I can't get the privileges to edit the values to save my life. The root account i have has global privileges and i even added performance schema & co manually and nada. I can edit the stuff in the PEQ list..

Should I just pack my bags and go home? haha
Old 04-11-2017, 07:24 PM
atomic
Sarnak

If you can edit the PEQ Tables, thats where you find Account (about 9 down?) go into that and find your account. (fresh install should just have yours in there if you have played the game) the colum that says Status will be 0 by default. change it to 255 for your account. then close heidi and login to the game and you then should be GM enabled.

#gm on targetting yourself will prove it.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:11 PM
lawks
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic View Post
If you can edit the PEQ Tables, thats where you find Account (about 9 down?) go into that and find your account. (fresh install should just have yours in there if you have played the game) the colum that says Status will be 0 by default. change it to 255 for your account. then close heidi and login to the game and you then should be GM enabled.

#gm on targetting yourself will prove it.
Hmm, okay I managed that. There were 2 columns with numbers and one of the columns had a 0 in it so I pimped that one up to 255. Still getting the not high enough access ingame though.. ( After closing Heidisql and restarting everything )
Old 04-11-2017, 08:22 PM
atomic
Sarnak

have you tried using Akka's EOC to login? I use that more then going direct into heidi.