Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::GeorgeS's Tools

Development::GeorgeS's Tools A forum just for GeorgeS's tools

Old 08-16-2008, 06:14 AM
spider661
Discordant

no not know if its been mentioned i have not looked but thought it would let you know incase you did not notice.

the new editor.

slots. does not set multy slots if you load and save an item it sets the slot to whatever is set (first slot from before you saved) and if you try and set multy slots it only sets one.. this is not just visual on screen it does the same in game..

i have to use old edit to set more then one slot.. but other then that great tool.

also a side note.. downloaded the tools suit.. the tradeskill editor crashes when you load all tradeskills.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:42 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Ahh the multiple slots issue...thanks for reminding me!

I'll put this on today's list.

The tradeskill's editor..not sure - I'll look at it.

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 08-28-2008, 03:43 AM
Weldarr
Sarnak

Any chance of adding in the columns for weapon animations on the npcs? Would be great to edit that from the editor instead of searching through the mysql database
Old 09-05-2008, 06:49 AM
trevius
Developer

Hey GeorgeS,

If you get time, I was messing around and found that there are 2 more fields that would be very nice to have in the NPC Loot Editor. I can't believe that I didn't know about these fields before now lol! It would have saved me some time. Basically, the 2 fields below work on the Titanium client to change the weapon model of the NPC for Primary and Secondary slots.

d_melee_texture1 = Primary Weapon Model
d_melee_texture2 = Secondary Weapon Model

I remember seeing these a while back and reading the wiki page for the database on them, but it said not to use them (at least not for 6.2 client). But, I just tested them and they seem to work perfectly.

To use the field, you just set it to the model number of the weapon you want them to be wielding. You don't need to add "IT" or anything with it, just the number itself. An example is 10404 to set it to Mithaniel Marr's Sword.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:01 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Got it. I'll start adding those in

GeorgeS

Old 09-06-2008, 03:41 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Ok, spent a few minutes updating the program to include these features and other's where possible.

NPC and Loot Editor
08.21.03 - Added ability to Backup and Restore Bots (including all inventory, and associated tables) - good if you rebuild your database.
Weapon & Shield Models- now fully integrated with the NPC & Loot editor - finally!!! - (under tools menu)
Added feature to add weapon/shield graphics to NPC's - This is in table fields called "Pri. Weapon Model" and "Sec. Weapon Model"
- Simply type in the new number and a graphic of the item will show in the program!

--upadated

NPC and Loot Editor
08.21.04 - Added a item stat viewer - Under menu item 'Special/show item stats'. You can view your npc's items and also in the new search item window!

I hope you like the item stat viewer, cause it was worth the 500 lines of code to implement it
The item search has also an advanced button where you can specifiy database like subqueries to pull out custom items
Clicking on an item in the grid will also show the selected item's stats if the item stat window is on.

GeorgeS

Last edited by GeorgeS; 09-07-2008 at 07:34 AM..
Old 09-07-2008, 04:35 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

NICE =)

BTW George, returning to our old discussion abotu quick copy button.
I thought you agreed with me =)

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...highlight=copy

Quote:
ChaosSlayer

honestly George, the new way of copying SIGNLE npc is a pain.

I have to:

click the file menu on the tab
select the proper sub menu
type in beging range
type in closign range
click Use this range
clicky copy

VS
old way of:

click copy
type in id

how about this, when COPY on main pannel is clicked a WINDOW will open and ask:

1) multyple npc copies- type in how many (with range in mind)
2) single npc copy - type in range

thought again a Single Copy button on main panel will hardly clutter the interface =)

Quote:
Actually that method does sound better than whats there now. Thanks for showing your workflow - I'll prioritise it now.

GeorgeS
Old 09-07-2008, 01:32 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Ok, got around to adding the copy code as requested.
The copy tool has been ravamped. Final version has been updated as per request in the last build.

GeorgeS

Old 09-07-2008, 05:01 PM
trevius
Developer

GeorgeS, you are a machine!

Just when I think the tools are pretty much complete, you add in stuff to make them even better than I could have expected!

The new weapon model viewer feature is awesome. Though, if possible, it might be nice if you could click on an image to view the larger version of the image. Also, a previous page button might be handy to go back a page. The newest version of the model viewer is really nice for quick references though and definitely an improvement over the previous model viewer

If I could ever get into the gaming industry, I would definitely recommend you for tool designs lol. If you can do this in your free time, I can't even imagine what you could do if you were paid full time to do it
Old 09-08-2008, 01:45 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Thanks for the great review. I had considered going into the gaming industry, but I have a great career now, and programing is a hobby. I have improved my vb programing skills significantly over the last years, and still make the occasional game here and there. RPG gaming is my cup of tea, and for those interested, here's an interview I did for RPGdot a while back..

http://ultima.rpgdot.com/index.php?h...n=10053&ID=903

GeorgeS

Old 09-09-2008, 08:11 AM
trevius
Developer

Nice interview

BTW, I just noticed that if you scroll all of the way to the right with the current version of the editor, it looks like some of the fields aren't lined up properly. The accuracy and attack rating fields aren't even populating at all. My guess is when you added the new Primary and Secondary model fields, it caused the others to miss-align at some point.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:30 AM
MNWatchdog
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeS View Post
Thanks for the great review. I had considered going into the gaming industry, but I have a great career now, and programing is a hobby. I have improved my vb programing skills significantly over the last years, and still make the occasional game here and there. RPG gaming is my cup of tea, and for those interested, here's an interview I did for RPGdot a while back..

http://ultima.rpgdot.com/index.php?h...n=10053&ID=903

GeorgeS
When I tried checking out your interview I got this web page: http://safebrowsing.clients.google.c...n=10053&ID=903
Old 09-10-2008, 06:15 PM
Jibbatwinkers
Sarnak

Ive run into a problem with the NPC/Loot Editor but I think it as to do with MySQL more than anything.

All of the other tools run great, the NPC/Loot Editor will launch fine, I can search through zones and even click and edit NPCs but if I click any NPC with a loot table ID it gives me this message:
Code:
Run-time error '-2147467259 (80004005)':

Data provider or other service returned an E_FAIL status.
The problem started yesterday after I updated to 1129 and put in these two queries:

Code:
CREATE TABLE `blocked_spells` (
  `id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `spellid` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `type` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0',
  `zoneid` int(4) NOT NULL default '0',
  `x` float NOT NULL default '0',
  `y` float NOT NULL default '0',
  `z` float NOT NULL default '0',
  `x_diff` float NOT NULL default '0',
  `y_diff` float NOT NULL default '0',
  `z_diff` float NOT NULL default '0',
  `message` varchar(255) NOT NULL default 'You cannot cast that spell here',
  `description` varchar(255) default NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`)
)
Code:
Required SQL (Your groups will break completely without this):
CREATE TABLE `group_id` (
  `groupid` int(4) NOT NULL,
  `charid` int(4) NOT NULL,
  `name` varchar(64) NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (`groupid`, `charid`)
)
I removed the two tables and still have the same error. I googled the error and found some references to bad date fields but as far as I know dates are not stored in anything related to NPCs. I repaired my entire database and I also updated ODBC drivers.

Thanks for all your help, hopefully I provided enough information to get the editor up and running for me again. I'll keep looking for an answer and post if I find anything.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:13 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Nice interview

BTW, I just noticed that if you scroll all of the way to the right with the current version of the editor, it looks like some of the fields aren't lined up properly. The accuracy and attack rating fields aren't even populating at all. My guess is when you added the new Primary and Secondary model fields, it caused the others to miss-align at some point.
Make sure you're using the latest version. I fixed that bug a few minutes after seeing that myself.
Thanks
GeorgeS

Old 09-11-2008, 09:51 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Jibbatwinkers

This kind of errors appear for more than one reason.
One of the reasons - if you have a table with fields that are "NOT NULL" but field has null values in it. (Other reason is a date/time field with all "0's".)

You mentioned it happens when you click on a column/field that = loottable_id, and crashes when there's no loottable_id there?

Then that must be a Null where it should'nt. I would check the table first.

GeorgeS

Last edited by GeorgeS; 09-12-2008 at 05:57 AM..