Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2005, 09:25 AM
Rogean
Administrator

Default New Server Idea (PvP)

Ok, so I'v been thinking the last few days.. Came up with this idea. I took a lot of ideas from some of the different MMORPG's.

First, this is going to be a PvP Server. I'm not sure if I will name it Raid Addicts or not. Max Level will be 50. Here is how the PvP will cut down:

EQ2 Idea Aspect
First, to start off, only the continent of Antonica will be available. The two PvP Factions are going to be Qeynos and Freeport. The human race will be in a civil war. Players starting out may chose to align to either Qeynos or Freeport. They must make this decision before leaving the tutorial. I have not decided yet if certain races will be restricted to a certain faction (Ex, Trolls can only be Freeport, High Elves can only be Qeynos.) All other cities in antonica will be made into Exp/Raid Zones.

WoW Aspect
There will be three types of zones. "Qeynos Territory", "Freeport Territory", or "Contested Territory". While in a "Contested Territory" Zone, players may attack and be attacked by opposing faction players. For Factional Territory Zones, see below.

SWG TEF System
TEF Stands for "Temporary Enemy Flag", and here is how it will work. If you are a player in a zone that is territory of the opposing faction, you can not attack any opposing players, but you may be attacked by them. Once a player attacks an opposing faction player on the attacking player's territory, the attacker recieves a TEF. Once you receive a TEF, You can then be attacked by ANY opposing faction player on your own territory. TEF will last for 5 minutes from the last combat action you recieve/give, or until you zone.

EXAMPLE: Player A is a Qeynos Player. Player B is a Freeport Player. both players see eachother in a Qeynos Territory Zone. Player B MAY NOT Attack Player A. Player A Points and Laughs. Player A then decides to ATTACK Player B. Player A Receives a TEF, and may now be attacked by Player B. Player C Comes along (Freeport Player) and is able to help Player B.

Once you receive a TEF, It does not matter who you attacked to receive it, you may be Attacked by ANY Opposing Faction player in ANY zone.

LDoN Points
Yes, I know.. Rogean always has to use LDoN Points. I haven't finalized how I'm going to handle the LDON System yet, but heres my starting idea. I will be using the different catagories for different things. 1 May be PVE Points, recieved for killing mobs. a 2nd may be for killing Opposing NPC Factional Guards. A 3rd may be for killing Opposing Players in PvP. You will then be able to spend these points on items.

Name Coloring
I will be changing the way you see other players depending on their factional status. Here is how it will work:

Green: GM's/Guides
Purple: Friendly Players (Same Faction)
Blue: Opposing Players (Opposite Faction Non-Threat)
Red: Opposing Players (Opposite Faction Threat)

Name Colors will change if the status of their faction changes.

Example: Player A is Qeynos, Player B is Freeport. Both players are in a Qeynos Zone. Both Players see the other as Blue (Non-Threat Opposite Faction). Player B Knows that he can't attack Player A unless Player A has TEF, but player A can Attack Player B to Receive that TEF. If player A Decides to attack Player B, or any other Freeport Faction in a Qeynos Zone, Player A Receives TEF, and his name color will change to Red for All Freeport Players in the zone. Player A, Upon recieving TEF, Will then see all Freeport Players as Red.

Raid Addicts Feel
I will try to preserve the Raid Addicts feel the best I can. However, I'm going to try and keep this balanced, where a 15/25 weapon will actually be a level 50 UBER Weapon, so that casters will actually have a chance with their spells and not being resisted.

And, of course, Armor will be dropped in EXP Zones appropriate for the players hunting there. There will be different armor for each faction, dropping from their own territory exp zones. Hopefully this will offer a little individuality to the server. I don't think I will introduce dye's.

And of course there will be Raid Zones, but the high end zones will be Contested Territory, to add a little pvp fun to the mix

I'm looking for Suggestions and opinions. No Negative Opinions please (Ex "It will suck") Unless it is constructive and you can back it up.