Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:01 PM
Sourdough35
Hill Giant

Will try this tonight.

Also, I know that standalones can work, since I downloaded the DB 2086 repack on the tools section of this forum and it works perfectly. So there is something included in that repack that is obviously missing from mine.

Noport mentioned no path to plugins. I don't know how to specify this but I don't think it's the issue, since when I was running a non-standalone without plugins in the folder, the NPCs would still talk to me. I couldn't complete quests, but they would talk to me.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:32 PM
Taurinus2
Sarnak

Right, no need for a path to plugins. That is specified in your config. Which brings me to ask if you've done anything exotic in eqemu_config.xml. Have you?
Old 02-28-2012, 04:04 PM
Sourdough35
Hill Giant

Nothing beyond the basics. I'll post it when I get a chance. But other than modifying my ip numbers and specifying the DB info, I haven't added any other settings.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:50 AM
Sourdough35
Hill Giant

Eh, still didn't work.

@echo off
set Path = c:\xampp\mysql\bin;c:\xampp\perl\bin;%Path%
start EQEmuLoginServer.exe
start world.exe
cls
echo Wait for World to finish loading... Press Enter when done.
pause
start eqlaunch.exe zone
exit

This is so frustrating. Again, the server and game load, but I can't talk to the NPCs.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:15 AM
joligario
Developer

You can test your paths and executables. open a cmd prompt and type your set path statement then do perl -v.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:54 AM
Sourdough35
Hill Giant

That was recommended and tried awhile back. Running perl -v after setting paths does access Perl and it looks like the correct. Version. I don't think there are any problems there.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:50 PM
Sourdough35
Hill Giant

So do I just have no options for portable then?

Has anyone else tried to follow the portable server using Xampp guide up on the eqemu wiki? And were you able to get a portable server running without installing MySQL or Perl to your windows?
Old 03-01-2012, 02:05 PM
joligario
Developer

I run on XAMPP 1.7.7. Beyond setting up my ENV variables, the only thing I had to do was import the missing MySQL lib/opt files for compiling.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:54 PM
Sourdough35
Hill Giant

Are those set forth in the guide on the EqEmu wiki? Because they sound like steps I never did, and I've read the guide many times now.

Basically, my process is unzipping the xampp-lite package linked to in the guide and then copying in all of the Perl addons, overwriting as needed.

After that, I can set a command line path to the mysql and perl dirs contained in the xampp folder and run mysql. Then I source in the DB and set up accounts as needed, create a batch file to run everything and start it all up. I also add in maps, quests, and plugins. Runs the server and game fine, but NPCs won't talk to me.

Joligario, what does setting ENV variabls and importing missing MySQL files encompass? I feel like maybe it's just a matter of adding some files to my xampp portable MySQL dir. It sounds like you're using them to compile the server itself? I use the precompiled binaries, so I don't think that would affect me. But what about ENV variables? How do I do that?
Old 03-01-2012, 04:06 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

Maybe you are just too dumb?
Old 03-01-2012, 04:24 PM
Sourdough35
Hill Giant

I tend to assume as much any time I have a problem with something. But that doesn't really help me. I take it from your response that the solution is something incredibly simple that I've overlooked?