Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:40 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylekurth View Post
Maze_EQ is the resident "negative nacy". I never see him put anything positive in any server threads
Just "server envy" from a subpar developer.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:01 PM
sorvani
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrsschb View Post
Just "server envy" from a subpar developer.
Think that pretty much sums it up alright
Old 10-27-2012, 08:15 AM
jabedoben
Sarnak

I think that Maze and Caryitis sit around in a circle jerk getting off to shitting on other people's servers.

Keep up the good work, Drak.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:49 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

Quote:
I think that Maze and Caryitis sit around in a circle jerk
I bet you think about that alot...

Pretty funny how the Happy-FunTime-Gestapo hasnt cleaned this up yet, PEOPLE ARE VOICING THEIR OPINIONS DUDE COVER THAT SHIT UP!!! WE NEED RAINBOWS AND SUNSHINE OR RANDOMPLAYER000123 MIGHT GO PLAY WOW!
Old 10-27-2012, 01:30 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabedoben View Post
I think that Maze and Caryitis sit around in a circle jerk
So what if we do? Are you hiding your own insecurities?

It's great that nobody can provide opinions of a terribly put together server with no base plan except to make people who give them $$ their own set of items. Lets develop content around these donators, and add more useless shit in, to fuck the people that don't pay to win, oh shit sounds kinda like THF.....Pay to win is never fun for the poor kid who just wants to have fun but has buttplugs with mom's credit card buying all these "LEGENDARIES".

For what it's worth, yeah the dude spends 90% of his life working on an Everquest server, sure that's all fine because he charges people a ridiculous amount of money to actually be able to do "epic quest 10".

Have your opinions, just don't delete those who think differently than "OMG THIS FUCKING SERVER ROXX MY SOXX" get the fuck over it, it's varlyndria, we'll see drakiyth around for about 6 more months before he burns himself out due to the fact of people not wanting to drop 150$ to progress to the next zone to receive one item, just to pay 150 more to get the next item. Pay to win fucking fails and that's all I am exclaiming. Go ahead, subpar developer in server envy? Sorry but on my server you have a direct sense of whats going on. Blah blah blah, post remove, doesn't matter.

Old 10-27-2012, 02:15 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Maze, I am not going to argue with you specifically on quality of Valyndra - I know nothing about whats going on inside of it, but there is a difference between posting a server criticism like your post above, and a baseless snotty remark like you did on the previous page.

After all server quality has nothing to do with getting Green Status - green status is granted on purely technical bases for stability, up time, and things like that.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:35 PM
Teholb
Fire Beetle

No, Varlyndria isn't a donation farm at all . . .

"Legendary, Mythical, Craft Quest and some Raid items now have a selection of type 18
augment slots. In order to buy a type 18 augment, you need to talk to the Augment Keeper in the
guild lobby's east wing where the donation npcs are. This augment is extremely powerful and can only be obtained
by spending large amounts of platinum. However, donators get extremely nice discounts based on their current tier."

PRICES BASED ON YOUR DONATION STATUS

Non Donator = 150,000,000 Platinum
Tier 1 Donator = 100,000,000 Platinum + Tier 1 Donator's Token
Tier 2 Donator = 90,000,000 Platinum + Tier 2 Donator's Token
Tier 3 Donator = 80,000,000 Platinum + Tier 3 Donator's Token
Tier 4 Donator = 70,000,000 + Tier 4 Donator's Token
Tier 5 Donator = 60,000,000 + Tier 5 Donator's Token
Tier 6 Donator = 50,000,000 + Tier 6 Donator's Token
Tier 7 = 40,000,000 + Tier 7 Donator's Token
Tier 8 = 30,000,000 + Tier 8 Donator's Token
Tier 9 = 20,000,000 + Tier 9 Donator's Token
Tier 10 = 10,000,000 + Tier 10 Donator's Token
Old 10-27-2012, 03:02 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

so basically 150mil plat? LOL. have fun with that shit, it's pay to win bro.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:48 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

Quote:
green status is granted on purely technical bases for stability, up time, and things like that.
Which is totally false otherwise a ton of other servers would be green as well. One of the biggest common threads among green and legendary servers at this point is an elaborate donation system.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:00 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Per Rogean:

Quote:

Achieving green status has always been about maintaining a decent population as well as striving to provide a positive and stable experience for players and this community. You guys can always come up with a list of recommendations and then shoot me the link on IRC.
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...t=green+status

Valyndra is obviously popular at the moment.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:59 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

Quote:
Caryatis is the most helpful, kind hearted person in this community
It must be true then huh?

Actions speak louder than words and reality does not mesh with Rogeans statement.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:18 PM
KLS
Administrator

Green status is basically if someone puts a name forward and Rogean, Cavedude and I give it a green light it becomes green. We have guidelines as to how we approach who should be green or not but they're sort of loose.

Also whether a server has donations or not: zero bearing on the decision. That said the conversation about it is done here. If you have a problem with how the green system works please bring it up it your own thread instead of hijacking others.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:59 AM
jabedoben
Sarnak

Oh my god someone wants to put a bunch of time and work into something and make money from it? That's unheard of!
Old 10-28-2012, 03:27 AM
Thorkinal
Sarnak

Actually , its illegal in this situation . I did kinda laugh when the server went green a few days after the mass exodus.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:55 AM
RStefan01
Fire Beetle

I didn't have anything against the whole legendary/donation system. It seemed cool that you'd be able to get something really nice every now and then, when you had some plat piled up. I also liked the idea that all of the donator loot was available for everyone, but the donators only had to pay half plat.

What I wasn't a fan of was when it started to feel like new content was tuned around the legendaries, and the actual loot drops were mostly pointless. The idea of farming plat forever just to be able to kill stuff that doesn't drop stuff I'd wear wasn't all that thrilling.