Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-22-2015, 04:48 AM
drelk001
Fire Beetle

Default New server idea

I had this idea, I would make it myself, only problem is... I dont have the hardware, Network power and know how to do it my self, so I thought maybe I should throw it up here and maybe someone would like to do it for themselves... I know I would totally play it.

-classic... no Expansion, no Iksars.. Halfling rangers ect..ect..

maybe progression, like in this picture...

-EXP bonus (where you can still play casually and have a capped character or 2)

-soloing is grouping and grouping is raiding

-1player can split pulls and kill them all by themselves... 6 players untwinked can take out naggy or vox

-2-boxing only (like Shards of Dalaya) maybe an IP block like P99

these are pretty much the rules, I think it would be a lot of fun and if I had the ability to do it, I would... anyone able to?
Old 04-22-2015, 07:09 AM
Trubles
Sarnak

Classic is played out.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:42 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Classic can be a bit too basic. The level cap, lack of options, even lack of zones. I think Alkabor Project is doing just that now and they do have a following. I guess what I am saying is the void has been filled. Many people get their fix on p1999 or Alkabor.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:19 PM
drelk001
Fire Beetle

I understand classic isnt what people want, what about progression? like fippy darkpaw?
Old 04-22-2015, 01:51 PM
J3wish
Sarnak

Unfortunately, Progression servers are also played out. One or two will pop up every once in a while but they will fizzle out within a few weeks to a few months. If your wanting to make the next big thing, its more than likely going to have to be custom.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:05 PM
drelk001
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by J3wish View Post
Unfortunately, Progression servers are also played out. One or two will pop up every once in a while but they will fizzle out within a few weeks to a few months. If your wanting to make the next big thing, its more than likely going to have to be custom.
I dont want it to be "the next big thing" I just want to see this in action, and I want to play it :P
Old 04-22-2015, 03:06 PM
drelk001
Fire Beetle

also, because I dont know how to do it nor have the stuff to do it, I am just seeing if someone can do it :P maybe someone can teach me to do it on my own, like open up my own server where only I can play on.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:17 PM
drelk001
Fire Beetle

alright, can someone just tell me how to do it on my own? I just had an idea to make a fully custom server and stuff, maybe someone who knows what they are doing and take my ideas and turn it into a game or something? IDK I want to try it.

and yes, I want to try and make this the "next best thing"
Old 04-22-2015, 11:43 PM
ghanja
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by drelk001 View Post
also, because I dont know how to do it nor have the stuff to do it, I am just seeing if someone can do it :P maybe someone can teach me to do it on my own, like open up my own server where only I can play on.
There is a plethora of information on how to do this in the forums. I'd say start with the repack, then go from there.
Old 05-09-2015, 03:31 PM
drelk001
Fire Beetle

I want to put a team together to make a Custom server, I want it to be the next best thing.... knowing that I dont have the know how or the hardware to do it. I want a group of passionate people to help me do it.

PM me if youre interested and I will give you the info of the custom server I want to make