Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::GeorgeS's Tools

Development::GeorgeS's Tools A forum just for GeorgeS's tools

Old 11-03-2009, 09:40 AM
typenamehere
Sarnak

Default runtime error 339

i am currently running windows 7 and trying to get georges tools to work, i have tried everything on this forum for registering my files, the one i found to actually register was:
Code:
C:\windows\system32\regsvr32 /u C:\Users\Tim\Desktop\eqitems\resources\DXAnimatedGIF.ocx /s
C:\windows\system32\regsvr32 /u C:\Users\Tim\Desktop\eqitems\resources\a.ocx /s
C:\windows\system32\regsvr32 /u C:\Users\Tim\Desktop\eqitems\resources\msdxm.ocx /s
C:\windows\system32\regsvr32 /u C:\Users\Tim\Desktop\eqitems\resources\MSCOMCTL.OCX /s
C:\windows\system32\regsvr32 /u C:\Users\Tim\Desktop\eqitems\resources\MSINET.OCX /S
C:\windows\system32\regsvr32 /u C:\Users\Tim\Desktop\eqitems\resources\MSDATGRD.OCX /s
C:\windows\system32\regsvr32 C:\Users\Tim\Desktop\eqitems\resources\DXAnimatedGIF.ocx /s
C:\windows\system32\regsvr32 C:\Users\Tim\Desktop\eqitems\resources\a.ocx /s
C:\windows\system32\regsvr32 C:\Users\Tim\Desktop\eqitems\resources\msdxm.ocx /s
C:\windows\system32\regsvr32 C:\Users\Tim\Desktop\eqitems\resources\MSCOMCTL.OCX /s
C:\windows\system32\regsvr32 C:\Users\Tim\Desktop\eqitems\resources\MSINET.OCX /S
C:\windows\system32\regsvr32 C:\Users\Tim\Desktop\eqitems\resources\MSDATGRD.OCX /s
first, i obvisouly changed the path name to my path, not Tim's, but by doing this i am able to start the quest editor, or any editor at that, but i get an error after hitting "lets start" and the error reads "Run-time error 339, cmcs21.ocx or one of its dependencies is not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid
Old 11-03-2009, 11:27 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

If the file is not registered you need to give it the full pathname of where it can be found like in your examples.
I do not know if the file exists, but look for it and then register it.

the CodeSense control cmcs21.ocx should have been in the zip - please let me know if it's missing

..edit

I checked and it's there, but the register bat should have these ocx's to register

regsvr32 a.ocx /s
regsvr32 imagelist.ocx /s
regsvr32 MSCOMCTL.OCX /s
regsvr32 EZFTP.OCX /s
regsvr32 cmcs21.ocx /s

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 11-03-2009, 12:17 PM
typenamehere
Sarnak

Default gr

i replace my .bat with what you have, stil got the error, checked the folder to make sure that file that it is missing is there, and indeed it is, so i tried to manually register it thru cmd and it still says that it is not correctly registered, and is missing or invalid =/
Old 11-03-2009, 01:45 PM
typenamehere
Sarnak

is it possible its a dependency thats invalid or missing?
Old 11-03-2009, 10:47 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

I did think about the dependency issue, but the .oca is there.
I run win7 (x64) on two pc's and those appear to work. I'm pretty suprised because of this...

So now I think it's a user rights issue, so you should right click on the .bat and select run as administrator

GeorgeS

Old 11-04-2009, 12:36 PM
typenamehere
Sarnak

Default =/

i usually run everything as an administrater, just because a lot of programs have that problem. i am also running 64bit, i have tried deleteing everything and starting all over several times =( making me sad because your tools are amazing
Old 11-04-2009, 03:36 PM
typenamehere
Sarnak

Default hrm

uninstalled everything and redownloaded a different tool, this time trying to use the suit, i ran the connector and did a full install, then ran the .bat file as an admin and it said that the imagelist.ocx failed to load, so i tried to register it manually, and got this error "imagelist.ocx was loaded, but failed the call to Dllregisterserver failed with error code 0x80004005

EDIT:::: I got this working, i had to use an elevated command prompt and manually register the final ocx... what a PITA
Old 11-09-2009, 09:08 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

I am getting the same error except on XP. It registers everything else but imagelist.ocx
Old 11-09-2009, 11:26 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

I'm also getting the error on win7 now -- and these are my tools heh.
So even though the imagelist fails, it still runs the program. Let me know ifyou can at least run it.
I will remove imaglist in the next version, because I'm afraid that ocx is flackey at best.

GeorgeS

Old 11-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

Yeah I can still run it despite the error
Old 04-20-2018, 11:35 PM
AvaManning471DT
Fire Beetle

Go to Start | Search| For Files or Folders andsearch for the MSMASK32.ocx file in your Windows/System32 directory.

If you do not locate this file, copy it over from a working workstation and paste it into the Windows/System32 directory on the workstation with the error. Make sure to register the file by opening it with the Regsrv32.exe file located in your Windows/System32 directory.
If the issue still persists, check for Errors in Event Viewer
See solutions given in this thread:
https://www.errorsolutions.tech/erro...ime-error-339/
Old 04-21-2018, 12:36 AM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvaManning471DT View Post
Go to Start | Search| For Files or Folders andsearch for the MSMASK32.ocx file in your Windows/System32 directory.
Aside from your first post necro'ing a 9 year old thread,
("pasted" on other sites as well today),
nobody (within this project) should be getting that error
in 2018.