Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 01-17-2019, 08:58 PM
redwind01
Fire Beetle

Default need help

hello again, after my last post the server never finished installing. i did a complete system restore and got the files downloaded.
i right clicked eqemu_install.bat , ran as admin.
everything seemed to be going great, until cmd window says

Fetching 'eqemu_server.pl'...
Installing ' vcredist_x86.exe
Installing ' Visual C++
[Update] No connection to the internet, can't check update
[Update] Cannot check update without internet connection...
'world' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file'
[eqemu_server.pl] No database connection found... Running without
[Install]EQEmu Server Installer... Loading... PLEASE WAIT...
[Download] Cannot download without internet connection...
cannot open file at eqemu_server.pl line 686.
Press any key to continue. . .

pressing any key closes cmd window

have internet connection at 14mbps
Old 01-17-2019, 10:12 PM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

Try this link for info.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42052
Old 01-24-2019, 11:28 PM
gnukes
Fire Beetle

Default No internet required version?

Can a version be made that doesn’t need a network connection? I work in areas without a net connection and would love to be able to load my mini server without needing a connection. I know this means I’d need to get the pew updates occasionally to keep current, but that seems easier.
Old 01-25-2019, 12:47 AM
Uleat
Developer

You don't need a an internet connection to run a server..just to install or update it.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 01-25-2019, 01:45 PM
gnukes
Fire Beetle

Default yes

I can set up my server with a hotspot just fine, however if I want to start it away from the internet, it keeps waiting on the updating from pew portion of the script, I’d like to comment out that.
Old 01-25-2019, 08:23 PM
Uleat
Developer

My dev server is localhost since I don't have internet access at my house.

Just make sure that you have the updates installed before disconnecting the server.

Running eqemu_server.pl .. going to database management .. and check_db_updates will get you there fairly reliably.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 01-26-2019, 01:23 AM
gnukes
Fire Beetle

Thanks I’ll try that this weekend
Old 01-27-2019, 06:53 PM
gnukes
Fire Beetle

Just tried this and it didn’t work, I can’t get the server started without internet and I don’t know how to do this without it going. I tried editing ewrk userver.pl manually to no avail
Old 01-27-2019, 07:57 PM
Uleat
Developer

That console message always comes up..it's checking for server updates.

But, the server should start offline - if properly set up.

Start your own issue thread and post the symptoms in more detail, please.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 02-26-2019, 01:09 PM
Jerom3
Fire Beetle

Default Failure to launch

I am trying to create a server where I can just run around in semi-GM mode and look at mobs, be invulnerable, open locked doors, etc. It's a simple concept, and I'd hoped to just find an existing server that would allow me to do this, as I have in the past (they seem to be gone now). Every search I've done for such a server seems to contain the answer of "JUST MAKE YOUR OWN, IT'S SO EASY!!!1"

So I tried that using https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/wiki/Windows-Server as I have Windows 10. I cannot get it to work. I am relatively computer illiterate compared to most on this forum, but I was able to follow the first few steps. Here's where I'm confused:

Does this installer assume that I have a fresh install of EQ Titanium? Because I do, but it's in a separate folder. Worth noting: I have a fresh EQ titanium installed to C:\Program Files\EQ Titanium and the files from Akka's installer linked above in C:\EQEmu files. Something I'm confused about is if these both need to be in the same folder, or if they're unrelated. I assume they're unrelated because the above link says it contains everything you would need.

I'm particularly confused because in the installer when it says this: "[Install] When done, make sure your EverQuest client points to your loginserver's IP (In this case it would be 127.0.0.1) in the eqhosts.txt file" BUT there is no eqhosts.txt file that is in my Eqemu files from Akka's installer.

I also had a question about this part:
"Change your server name in eqemu_config.json, shortname/longname is currently set to:

Akka's Server Installer (Change Name)"

Is this image where the above line is referring to? And do I just pick a random name out of my ass, or does it not matter?

Here's what happens when I run the t_start_server.bat

And here's what I see after Akka's installer is done running:

Old 02-26-2019, 03:47 PM
Techungry
Fire Beetle

Server looks up to me . I think the part your missing is the login server. By default the install will register your server with the public EQEmu login server which without internet your client won't be able to get to. You need to create your own login server locally on your machine and point the server to that (in the server json config file) as well as your client (the eqhosts.txt file which is in your Titanium client folder, not the server).

Also, you need to run t_start_server_with_login_server.bat instead of t_start_server.bat to "create your own login server". Just point the client to 127.0.0.1 and it should work I believe (because Akkadius's work already puts everything down that is needed, awesome job there btw).
Old 02-27-2019, 02:53 AM
belvino
Fire Beetle

Quote:
I'm particularly confused because in the installer when it says this: "[Install] When done, make sure your EverQuest client points to your loginserver's IP (In this case it would be 127.0.0.1) in the eqhosts.txt file" BUT there is no eqhosts.txt file that is in my Eqemu files from Akka's installer.
The eqhost.txt is in your client folder. if you have a fresh install should be able to toss that in to eqhost.txt and start server with login server bat file and should connect up.
Old 02-27-2019, 12:58 PM
Jerom3
Fire Beetle

Ok, I tried to follow what you guys were telling me. First, I went into my fresh EQ Titanium install, which is in a separate folder than my EQEmu folder, and I changed the eqhost file from saying: Host=login.eqemulator.net:5998 to say: Host=127.0.0.1

Then I slightly altered the longname/shortname in the eqemu_config to:
"longname" : "Akkas Windows (suIjmZ)",
"shortname" : "Akkas PEQ",
"tcp" : {
"ip" : "127.0.0.1",
"port" : "9001"

Then tried to run the t_start_server_with_login_server and this was the error I got:

So then I thought maybe the issue was that in the eqemu_config where loginserver2 looks like this:

"loginserver2" : {
"account" : "",
"host" : "127.0.0.1",
"password" : "",
"port" : "5998"

loginserver1 still had eqemulator listed as the host, so I changed it to match loginserver2. So it looked like this:

"loginserver1" : {
"legacy" : "1",
},
"loginserver2" : {
},
"longname" : "Akkas Windows (suIjmZ)",
"shortname" : "Akkas PEQ",
"tcp" : {
"ip" : "127.0.0.1",
"port" : "9001"
},
"telnet" : {
"enabled" : "true",
"ip" : "0.0.0.0",
"port" : "9000"

Then I again tried running t_start_server_with_login_server and I got this new error instead of the old error:

So what am I doing wrong now? I feel like I made some progress, but it still isn't working.
Old 02-28-2019, 06:49 AM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

You use your IP for loginserver if you're using a loginserver. If your just using same comp to run server and play on it, you can literally start the server right from install without changing anything...

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/wiki/Windows-Server

About halfway down it starts with:

Setting up the Loginserver for Local LANNow, assuming you've had all of the above done, you may need to do a little manual work to configure some of your network settings to get your server to properly show up.First you will need to get your local LAN IPOpen up 'cmd' by going to Start and typing in 'cmd'Type the command:ipconfig

You will need to use this address in all of the following files

EQEmuServer: (login.ini)

EQEmuServer: (eqemu_config.json)

"loginserver2" : { "account" : "", "host" : "192.168.197.129", "password" : "", "port" : "5998" },

Uncomment the address tag and put the local LAN IP

All EverQuest Clients on the local network will need this entry: (eqhost.txt)

Restart your server using*t_start_server_with_login_server*and you should be good to go!
Old 03-06-2019, 06:22 PM
Lane
Sarnak

Any suggestions on how I can manipulate source from this easy installer?

I know the old install method is backlogged. I had a server running use both methods years ago, but it's been ages, and when I tried to do the old way, I was having issues with the dependencies.