Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-05-2018, 07:10 PM
brokentechnology
Fire Beetle

Default Trilogy - Verant Version

Hey all,

Memory has slipped me. Trilogy, the big box Verant edition, works with an older version of EQEmu, no? Or a modified version that is out there?

I cannot seem to find the post, maybe it was on PEQ or the likes, but I vaguely remember reading it could be used. Maybe it was for TAKP / EQMac...

Anyways, if someone could jog my memory or tell me what the heck I am thinking of, that be great. There is a copy on eBay with SoL for cheap, so figure it be neat to have.

& Yes, I am aware it does not work with the current EQEmu & I am not asking for support to make it work.
Old 08-05-2018, 08:46 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

Secrets had been working on a proxy service to let eqemu communicate with trilogy, but it was a very early prototype and I haven't heard any updates in about 4 months.

I'm not sure any version of EQEmu that officially targetted the trilogy client, nor do I know of any server project that specifically supports it. The oldest client that has widespread support is the Titanium client.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 08-05-2018, 09:05 PM
Demi-God

All sources are private in regard to trilogy “support” — there is a leaked old copy of eq classic.org I believe. To be honest though I think players might be turned off given the issues with the client, you can mod a lot of crash fixes, but for example there is no mouse look... so I didn’t bother going any further since it’s not likely to be a client that will continue working as players move to win10 and newer operating systems
Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.
Old 08-06-2018, 12:11 AM
brokentechnology
Fire Beetle

Thanks guys! image was on point, I was thinking of eqclassic (which seems tossed aside). I actually just found the thread that mentioned the Verant big box of Trilogy as well I was thinking of.

Thanks again.
Old 08-12-2018, 04:02 AM
Splose
Banned

Wasn't Shards of Dalaya's old client the Trilogy client? Might be wrong but I know it was at least older than Titanium