Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-28-2013, 09:44 PM
Greyn
Fire Beetle

Is SoD the preferred client?
Old 07-28-2013, 10:16 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Varlyndria: Ascension will patch the following clients with the 1.71 launcher:

SoF, SoD, UF/HoT and RoF
Old 07-29-2013, 04:09 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Endless apologies for the lag/disconnects/crashes lately. We are trying hard to get everything working good. I just ran a Ccleaner on the server rig and may of found most of the problem since that thing hasn't been cleaned for over a year. So far so good on stability. *crosses fingers* We have secrets, natedog and other techs that are looking into the issue when they can. For now, get on and enjoy guys. Hopefully things get better soon and we stabilize. It's open alpha afterall so didn't expect things to go 100% smooth at launch with this much custom content.

Don't let the word Alpha prevent you from playing though. Characters will not be wiped as the term is mainly for stability and current content available.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:59 AM
Tenyen
Fire Beetle

Talking

Don't apologies , you do a great work with your server.

continue in this way
Old 07-29-2013, 08:37 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakiyth View Post
Endless apologies for the lag/disconnects/crashes lately. We are trying hard to get everything working good. I just ran a Ccleaner on the server rig and may of found most of the problem since that thing hasn't been cleaned for over a year. So far so good on stability. *crosses fingers* We have secrets, natedog and other techs that are looking into the issue when they can. For now, get on and enjoy guys. Hopefully things get better soon and we stabilize. It's open alpha afterall so didn't expect things to go 100% smooth at launch with this much custom content.

Don't let the word Alpha prevent you from playing though. Characters will not be wiped as the term is mainly for stability and current content available.
Heh, Server rig isn't going to magically become slow like that.

At most you should have to run a defragmenter.

Issues will reside on the server side but they will either be in script or in source and troubleshooting where that is - is the fun part. (NOT)
Old 07-29-2013, 03:50 PM
jabedoben
Sarnak

Still can't create a character. Clicking on the button does nothing. Anyone else have this problem? I'm using Underfoot and have used the official EqEmu patcher.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:08 PM
notknowing
Sarnak

I haven't had any problems creating a character. I used underfoot as well. However I didn't use the patcher. I manually changed the spellfile, dbstr, and global load. You could maybe try that.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:25 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Did you spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam the create character button.

And drakiyth, what is your page file set as

Old 07-29-2013, 09:09 PM
Greyn
Fire Beetle

Every time I try to alt-tab to full screen and/or use the in-game option to toggle Full Screen the game crashes. What should I do about this?
Old 07-29-2013, 09:24 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyn View Post
Every time I try to alt-tab to full screen and/or use the in-game option to toggle Full Screen the game crashes. What should I do about this?
That's a client problem, not specific to this server. Make sure you have the latest DirectX 9 installed. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=34429
Old 07-29-2013, 11:24 PM
djlegit83
Fire Beetle

There have been some problems, but honestly. Its a brand-new server with extreme customization. It sounds like they have found the source of the lag now.

I can't wait to see this completely ironed out.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:26 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Lag monster has been slain; infinite loops are never fun, and since the server is allocated 2 cores, you can imagine what happened when two zones were using half of the available CPU trying to figure out what kind of loot should be on NPCs.

Enjoy!

NOTE: this should fix the crash issues with spells too!
Old 07-30-2013, 02:03 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Server is extremely stable now! Come play and have some fun!

UPDATE:

• MPR (Minions) and LPR (Lieutenants) have had their HP reduced.
• The Spell Damage and Healing for all NPCs has been reduced by 50%.

Enjoy guys.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:59 AM
jsr
Hill Giant

any update to globalload and sod clients?
Old 07-30-2013, 03:04 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

The Global Load pulls so many models form so many zones, it's difficult to tell which zone would remove the model from showing up. Overall, when we get time we'll try to make a smaller one that doesn't take as much memory up. It's not an easy process though. Anybody can make one of these if they put time into it. Just remove zones you don't use and find where your pet model comes from etc and edit out zones that have no use.