Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-16-2015, 03:48 PM
Deshma
Fire Beetle

Default Play offline

Hello,

I'm not sure I'm 100% in the right place, but I figured this looked like the best site to start at.

I'm basically looking to only play EQ offline and be able to modify things like money, items, etc.

Is anything like this possible? Do I still have to create my own server? At the very most in terms of being online can I just have a closed server that is only open to my friends if they come over to my place?

Sorry to sound like such a noob, but a nudge in the right direction on any of these questions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-16-2015, 04:32 PM
vsab
Discordant

Yes to all

To play offline, you will need to run a server on your local machine. I recommend downloading Akka's repack for that. To play totally offline you can run your own login server locally too - that's more fiddly but possible, or you could use our public one and lock the server to outsiders.
Old 05-17-2015, 02:06 AM
Deshma
Fire Beetle

Cool, is there a tutorial page on what all I will need on this site somewhere? Also is there a step by step tutorial of how to set everything up?
Old 05-17-2015, 06:19 PM
Uleat
Developer

https://eqemu.gitbook.io/server/

You should be able to glean something from those three guides.

Just be sure to familiarize yourself with the private login server guide before starting (so that you know where to deviate.)

Post back with any problems that you encounter if you can't find an answer in the forums.

Compilin' Dirty

Last edited by joligario; 04-22-2021 at 09:44 PM.. Reason: Wiki deprecated
Old 05-17-2015, 06:39 PM
Deshma
Fire Beetle

Thank you so much. I've pretty much got everything up and running, the only problems I have now are:

1) When I open my server up and world.exe opens I get the following error message at the end of it loading

Unable to open opcodes file 'patch_UF.conf'. Thats bad
Unable to open opcodes file 'patch_RoF2.conf'. Thats bad

I'm unsure at this point what to do about this, though I'm sure if I dig a little I'll find the solution. I'm also unsure if this has anything to do with the next problem

2) I don't know if this is related to problem #1 or not, but when the game loads and my character has entered the world he can't move. Again, not sure of what is causing this, but I'm assuming if I fix the first issue I won't have this problem.

Also, if anyone could point me in the right direction of a list of all the itemid's or something that would be awesome too. If thats something else I have to dig for I guess I'll do that too.

Any help is much appreciated!
Old 05-17-2015, 06:49 PM
Deshma
Fire Beetle

I don't know if it helps, but I'm doing this all off of Windows 8, EQ Titanium, and I used Akka's PEQ Repack to set up the Server. I have gotten as far as giving my account GM status, but past that it's like my character is stuck inside the ground. Sometimes it will spawn me underground too, odd.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:55 PM
epilz
Hill Giant

I have not seen that problem, use GM commands.....
https://eqemu.gitbook.io/server/

Last edited by joligario; 04-22-2021 at 09:46 PM.. Reason: Wiki deprecated
Old 05-17-2015, 11:04 PM
Deshma
Fire Beetle

I've already tried using GM commands, the fly mode allows me to move around, but I can't get on the ground, and I can't move very far in game. Also, there are no NPC's popping up or anything. Not sure what to do next.
Old 05-19-2015, 12:29 PM
Deshma
Fire Beetle

So, just as an update I've got everything working.

I started from scratch and removed everything first, then installed UF client instead of the Titanium client I started with. From the get go, everything loaded up normally the first time (no falling through the floor etc). Set up Akka's PEQ-Repack and everything worked fine there as well. The only thing that went wrong was when I attempted to update it and opened world.exe instead of dropping down the menu it told me there was no need to update and gave me the same 'unable to find' messages as before.

I reverted to my backed up .exe's and now everything is fine again.

Thank you all for your help, and nudges in the right direction, especially for some random newbie who just walked in.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:34 PM
Crowley
Fire Beetle

Not sure this is the right place to post this, but I as well was trying to dabble in the setting up my own server. I did the install of Akka's PEQ repack, and everything works great as far as running the server, being able to log in (through the eqemu login server). I was even able to change the name based on the notes provided. The one thing I am confused on is being able to edit the tables. I have basic database familiarity, but I always have a server address/tns to which to connect along with my username/schema and password. I tried opening the HeidiSQL but it wants me to try to set up the session and I don't seem to have much direction on that. I tried using the my.ini to load settings, as well looking in the file to try to use some of the values but that seems to fail.
I tried running the MySQL Client (Maria DB 10.0) directly but it prompts for a password, which I do not have.

Does anyone have links to where I can find more information on editing the db for this? I tried looking around on the Akka's wiki, but it is pretty basic, and my searches so far are not turning up anything which is getting me the details i need.