Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 04-22-2024, 02:12 PM
Elandria
Fire Beetle

Default Cannot connect

I have my server running in a public library and I cannot connect to the server. When I login it does not show the server in the list. and it does not show my server as online in eqemu server list. if I disable the eqhost my ip I see everone elses servers. any thoughts? spire shows server etc online. spire does not start them most the time.
Old 04-22-2024, 06:51 PM
Demi-God

The library and public locations have their own local intranet and it lets you reach out to the internet.

Having said that, you running a server inside the library does not mean you would be able to access it outside of the library (such as on the public eqemu login server). Most of the time you have to port forward unless your server is actually out on the web (DMZ style). If anything you would be forced to run your own login and access the world over the intranet through your login.

Lastly I hope you have permission to do what you are trying to do here
Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.
Old 04-23-2024, 01:14 PM
Elandria
Fire Beetle

Default Ok how do I setup a on my comp login server?

I changed the server ip to 127.0.0.1 and it logs in but my server does not show up. the spire shows green on login, server, cleint etc. but the server does not show up in the client and I am playing on a online server with the client? thoughts why the server does not show up in the server list? ie local lan setup. I have a router and 2 comps going to the library intewrnet.
Old 04-23-2024, 01:32 PM
Burningsoul
Discordant

I too enjoy my eqemoos by bringing a router, 2 gigabit switches, a token ring adapter, and 2 beige towers (and 27" CRT monitors for maximum flex) to the post office and hooking it up to their digital signage. Just gotta open all teh ports to let the max amount of mobs in without going LD. Plus chicks dig my anime tiddy wallpaper.

Jesus christ.