Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 11-29-2012, 09:51 AM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

Default Sandboxin'!

Listed as [Leetsauce Productions] Sandboxin' C.R.E.A.M

A brief rundown:

-Level 70 cap
-Every item in the game can be traded and/or sold.
-Server has a heavy emphasis on money and it IS important.
-Classic-PoP content complete. Some random GoD - OoW content is in also.
-Items not attainable within completed content will eventually be available by custom means, whether it be plat, quests, raid drop, etc.
-Very little custom content for the time being. I'm currently working on the armor sets following the PoP sets. What I probably will do is use armor already in game until I run out and use custom content to afford availability for the post-PoP gear that is already in the database.
-Players will have the ability to solo to max level no matter what class they choose.
-Players will start in a convenient location, with starting materials.
-No donations will be accepted at this time, but if you log on and give some feedback via petition/feedback, or even this post, it is greatly appreciated.

Server goes live this morning before I leave for work. I'd really enjoy seeing some players on when I return!

-Leetsauce
Old 11-29-2012, 02:40 PM
Kavanah
Sarnak

I can't login. 11/29/12 @ 12:40pm central.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:56 PM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

I had a few people log in, though I'm not sure what all they were able to do.

Did you make it to the character select screen or just fail to hit my server from the serverlist? (my network or something silly I've overlooked)

It looks like the "timelaston" for all other characters that were made = 0 which doesn't bode well for connectivity either.

I can connect to it as a client from each PC and laptop in the house including the host, but I suspect that is because we're sharing the network even though I am definitely hosting the server on the eqemulator.net login.~ I may sneak a laptop onto a neighbors wi-fi, or the next time I take it to work attempt to try to connect to it from an outside network.

I'm on at seemingly random hours, but I do tend to pop into #eqemu to see if anyone is awake to discuss things with me in terms of development processes, but maybe some friendly-devs or players from other servers who have the time can possibly assist me in constructing this server as a solid sandbox for people who enjoy the style of server.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:04 PM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

By the time this is read by anyone other than me I will have altered the OP to say the following:

The server only supports Titanium, or SoF. Incredibly important and I completely forgot like a nubz0r.

This is a preference.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:43 PM
Kavanah
Sarnak

Well I run UF. Guess I won't be playing =(
Old 11-30-2012, 11:22 PM
Cfuson88
Fire Beetle

Tried logging in tonight using the titanium client and it wouldent even load me into the character select.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:28 AM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

Server is fixed. Outside connections can now enjoy my sandbox. Please try again, and give out some feedback! I prefer /petition (i can read it in sql - easy ) or by comments here. I don't have a webpage yet, but I'm taking it one step at a time. Now that I have the server functioning properly and allowing other to connect, I am only working on things to make it better from this point.

I will be on for a few hours tonight. Feel free to log in now, when you can, or whenever.

Emergency contact John.Henderson318@gmail.com

Please do not spam me. I'm trying to do a good thing for others whilst educating myself on a new topic of interest. Be nice.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:44 AM
jonnyx3
Fire Beetle

This server sounds like everything I would want. I can't log in with Titanium and I don't have SoF. Is the server still running and even more important- will it have a decent life span? I ask this because when I find a server outside of the norm, it usually disappears after a month or two.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:16 PM
phorest
Sarnak

tried to log in today. i couldn't even get to the character select screen..
Old 12-17-2012, 07:58 PM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

I have had about ~50ish characters to play so far, and roughly 15-20 IP's or so have connected. Everything seems fine for me using Titanium client. I even took my laptop to work and played from the network there, so I know people can connect. If you're having an issue it would be something client-side.

The guy playing on it at the moment is telling me he has a straight-out-of-the-box copy of titanium, and he has been having success for quite some time now.

To address the question about how long the server will be around:

As long as I have an internet connection, and an up-speed that is decent enough to allow others to connect, the server will be up and running taking requests and feedback at all times.

My E-Mail is posted up above so if you want immediate contact/resolution to an issue you're more than welcome to use it.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:01 PM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

Sorry for an additional post.

I log in, check the server stats, look at recent activity, talk to anyone playing at around 6-7p.m. EST M-F. Basically, after I get off work. I check my E-Mail about 15 times a day, so if there is anything I can do to help (perhaps troubleshoot connectivity issues) my availability is posted.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:21 PM
liquest
"Special" Member

Ive tried connecting with UF with no luck. Maybe ill have to downgrade to check your server out.

Liquest Auctions, WTB AA's up to the current compatable clients PST with offer.

"A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." ~Fredrick Nietzsche

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.." ~Albert Einstein
Old 12-17-2012, 09:56 PM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

Correct, you will absolutely NOT be able to connect without a Titanium client, which is easy to find if you use your favorite search engine.

There is reasoning for this, though.

I really enjoy classic-PoP. It is and has been my favorite time period in EQ1 since I started, which was when I was 11, and has since been a big part of my life, especially this particular time period in EQ history.

My mission is simple. Classic EQ-PoP will be perfected with the option of bots, and a little custom content here and there in addition to particular quests being simplified(Velious faction armor as an example.) I want there to be an economy, and I would prefer the server itself to be known as a "plat-based-server" as I have made adjustments for it to be described as such.

GoD armor sets are now available by means of plat. They reside in a location to be known for merchants selling wares. I have implemented Leet augs as well, but you get to find them for yourself, and no hints will ever be given about it.

OoW armor sets should be available by the end of the evening.

I am taking the route of armor sets being purchaseable (prices based on tier leading all the way to the final armor set in the current item database) and having bosses (first come, first serve in terms of expansion and effort respectively) Any bosses that are currently in the database and spawn appropriately will be tuned, and will have correct loot tables, save any armor set mats, and things of that nature. (Anguish as an example. Ture, OMM, AMV, etc will have loot tables for weapons, jewelry, odds-and-ends, and Tacvi for weapons, special visible armor pieces, augs)

I'm thinking that most post-PoP quests rewards (DoD class specific reward pieces from vish+yar'lir piece quest as an example.) will be sold on merchants as well.

The armor set merchants will all be located in the same place. The boss loot that isn't assigned to some sort of post-PoP custom content (as in the DoD class specific reward mentioned above) will be hidden throughout the world.

Just to reiterate a point I tried to make in most "Server opening" posts:

Huge thanks goes out to Dav00d, and all of the AxClassic people!
Old 12-17-2012, 11:28 PM
Davood
Discordant

thank you for thanking me but i don't believe I helped you??? Also i have nothing to do with AXClassic!

don't giev me creds i haven't earned !

I wish you the best of luck.. if you do need help though i may be able to help with debugging sql and perl (im still learning perl).
Old 12-18-2012, 01:23 AM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davood View Post
thank you for thanking me but i don't believe I helped you??? Also i have nothing to do with AXClassic!

don't giev me creds i haven't earned !

This is basically your PowerGamer server, though with my own little twists. If you recall me asking for your PG DB via e-mail a few months ago, this is the result of you not being able to find a copy. Your pricing script came in handy in a super great way, though.

AxClassic put together the launcher, and GUI that I use for server hosting(which allows me to carry around a portable server on my laptop which is ready to go for LAN play which comes in handy when friends wanna get together and group lower guk) and allows a super easy setup on the normal, and more permanent host as well.

Basically this whole Sandbox idea has become a reality for me by AxClassic on the software side (along with EVERYONE from PEQ) and Dav00d for the idea of a plat based progression server with a classic vibe and bots.

You deserve the thanks I'm giving, good sir.