Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 11-14-2019, 06:08 PM
aceover9
Fire Beetle

Default Can someone list every step required to disable expansion content?

I'm shooting for a Classic up to Luclin server. So it would contain Classic, Kunark, Velious and Luclin content.

I've seen various topics on the subject and many of them only dive into certain aspects, some with the solution for some issues being found but not posted in the topic.

I'm hoping to either find or hopefully start a hub for the definitive centralized rundown.

What I've done so far:

Edited the following tables/settings using the HeidiSQL editor that came with the installation pack I used.

Table: rule_values
Setting - World:Expansion Settings

Table: variables
Setting - Expansions

I edited these based on this list:

0 - Classic
1 - Ruins of Kunark
2 - Scars of Velious
4 - Shadows of Luclin
8 - Planes of Power
16 - Legacy of Ykesha
32 - Lost Dungeons of Norrath
64 - Gates of Discord
128 - Omens of War
256 - Dragons of Norrath
512 - Depths of Darkhallow
1024 - Prophecy of Ro
2048 - Serpent's Spine
4096 - The Burried Sea
8192 - Secrets of Faydwer

...and from what I understand you basically add the numbers of the servers you want together. In my case it would be Classic + Kinark + Velious + Luclin which is 0+1+2+4 = 7.

I've added this number to both the rule_values setting - World:Expansion Settings and variables Setting - Expansions fields.

The result is that I can't create Frogloks and that seems to be the only restriction. The Tutorial zone and option still show up and I'm able to go to the Planes of Power from North Qeynos (which is the area I want gone the most).

I hear I have maybe edit a zone table. I read something that said I should run a query to set the min_status of the area in the zone table to a number that will disable it.

Code:
update zone set min_status = 200 where expansion > 1
or to vanilla + kunark;
Code:
update zone set min_status = 200 where expansion > 2
to unlock kunark;
Code:
update zone set min_status = 0 where expansion =< 2

Is this necessary as well? Or do I only need to do this if I, for example, want access to all races and classes but still want to restrict areas?

Is it possible to just straight lock the game down to certain expansions? Or does it have to be done in pieces? And can you disable expansions but enable all the classes/races? If so, how?

And, finally, what happens if you create a race that starts in a locked off zone or if you are in zone that subsequently becomes locked off by the server?

I know this is long but I'm trying to get all the details needed to go from A to Z.

Thanks to anyone willing to tackle this mountain.

Edit: I used the auto installer pack so graciously created by someone here and am using the Titanium client.

Last edited by aceover9; 11-14-2019 at 06:11 PM.. Reason: Forgot a detail.
Old 01-14-2020, 03:10 PM
Fridgecritter
Hill Giant

What auto-installer did you use to disable new expansions?