Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 04-04-2018, 06:37 AM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Default Defiant - Global Loot ?

Was reading this in the PEQ Changelog : (Feb, 2018 ) Silly me, wasn't up to date on this, haha

- Global Loot Tables implemented

- Defiant has been moved to global loot tables now

Found here:
http://peqtgc.com/forums/index.php?t...11-2018.15417/

It did mention something in the source code changelog about a global loot system, but I didn't
pay much attention to it at the time.

I did notice, (an empty) global_loot table in DB, as well as skip_global_loot in npc_types table,
which "I think" is supposed to have a value of 0 or 1. Current value for all npc_types is set to 0
Have no idea if this is going to be something easier to work with for loot, but I have to get it
all figured out and how it works. My bucket list is galloping, while I'm trotting :P
Old 04-04-2018, 12:19 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

optional/2018_02_11_GlobalDefiant.sql

Use the editor. Only thing it can't do right now is create the tables, but you can attache the tables to a dummy NPC, make it, then make global_loot entries with the editor and detach the loot table from the dummy NPC. (At least until the editor lets you edit loot tables not attached to NPCs)

skip_global_loot does exactly what you think (the devs stated their global loot system they can flag NPCs to not check global loot, so that's what we do)
Old 04-04-2018, 01:38 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Ok, that points us all in the right direction. Thank you very much Sir
Old 08-20-2018, 12:59 AM
eldarian
Fire Beetle

So im not sure why this field was added in a more recent version (compared to fall of 2017) but when i migrated to a remote host for my server from my desktop this caused an issue, stating this table was unknown " npc_types.skip_global_loot
" so i removed the column and my npc then spawned. When i had this column enabled it would not spawn a single npc in the world, if u need more help feel free to find me on the eqemu discord.