Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 09:08 PM
spancer
Fire Beetle

Question

I spent two days to find out solution and read all pages discussion in thread. In the end, I have resolved this issue .
Here is the software and hardware information of my system.

Windows 7 64-bi Premium Edition & Service Pack 1.
Intel(R) Core (TM)2 Quad CPU, Q9450 @2.66GHZ 2.67GHZ
4.00 GB Memory
ATI Radn HD 3400 Series (with up-to-date driver installed)

I have done following changes in my system and run EverQuest successfully without difficult for more than 5 hours.

1. Install DirectX 9.0c and extract d3dx9_42.dll/XAPOFX1_3.dll/XAudio2_5.dll from installed file into EverQuest folder.

2. Change the compatibility setting of EverQuet.exe and eqame.exe; compatible to Windows XP (Service Pack2 or Service 3 , both are ok) and run as administrator.

3. modify EverQuest shortcut's execution command as follows:

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start /affinity 1 G:\EverQuest\eqgame.exe patchme

4. Change VideoMode setting in eqclient.ini:

Code:
[VideoMode]
Width=1280
Height=1024
WidthWindowed=1280
HeightWindowed=1024
WindowedWidth=1280
WindowedHeight=1024
FullscreenBitsPerPixel=32
FullscreenRefreshRate=0
If you system specification is similar to me , you can try my configuration.
Thank for all your effort and discussion.
I'm enjoining to play EQ, thanks
Old 10-01-2013, 11:36 AM
winz
Fire Beetle

just wanted to say, I'm on a dual core AMD with WinXP and nothing seemed to work until I tried the run compatibility mode with windows 98.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:00 AM
knowom
Discordant

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but with imagecfg you can permanently set the processor affinity of a Windows executable.

http://www2.robpol86.com/guides/ImageCFG/
Old 10-09-2015, 12:11 PM
Tesi
Fire Beetle

Default Its working !!!!

ONLY DO THIS IF YOU TRY EVERYTHING ELSE ON THIS PAGE !!! i dont wanna be responsible for your mistake if u do it wrong

After a YEAR of not playing because of a 8 core AMD processor ... I try Every fix known to man kind ( everything i could find on this page also ) ... to stop my game from "running to fast" nothing worked at all .. Then TODAY about 30 minutes ago .. i found somthing DIFFRENT that i never tried .. so i said what the hell ... why not give it a shot ... and now i can play again .. it requires NO Download .. NO jerking with game files none of that .. What i did was go into My BIOS by hitting Delete on boot up ..

Gigabyte BIOS w/AMD:

Default Bios settings:
BCLK Clock Control : Auto (200 MHz, but needed hard-set)
CPU Clock Ratio: 22.00
Core Preformance Boost: Auto
CPB Ratio: 23.50
Cool & Quiet: Enabled

Changed to:
BCLK Clock Control : 200.00 MHz
CPU Clock Ratio: 21.00 (down clock CPU Frequency to 4.20GHz)
Core Preformance Boost: Disabled
CPB Ratio: Greyed out (disabled by above setting)
Cool & Quiet: Disabled

:-NOW i can play EQ again !!! so stoked ..

i diddent want to put any links on here as to were i found this info but ill put one at the end of the page cuz i HATE clicking links and dont trust them so i just put down what i did .. but for anyone who wants to know were i got my info from check out this OFFICAL EQ thred

the change I did is on this page :
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/...cessor.218770/

and the page that linked me to that page is on this page:
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/...md-cpu.218965/

NOW the DISCLAIMER .... i have about 30 other games on my computer also that i have not tested out sence i made this change .. so i may need to find a Program that will apply the settings i want only when i launch eqgame.exe

Another Disclaimer ... IGNORE any bad spelling im a MATH brain and a Aviation Electronics Technician tell me to build a F22 Raptor ( i have done by the way) im on it ... tell me to enter a spelling B ..... well .......
Old 10-09-2015, 04:33 PM
Uleat
Developer

I think the term that you're looking for is "Attempt at your own risk!"

(We were just getting the first F22's when I left the flightline...)

Compilin' Dirty
Old 03-13-2016, 04:38 PM
niemanator
Fire Beetle

Default windows 10 - dual core

Has anyone had any of these same issues while trying to run on Windows 10 w/ dual core processor?

I'm trying to get back into this and setting up a new private server, but just built a new PC and all is good so far except when I enter the world I get disconnected if I'm in the world for a minute or so OR if I try to zone.

I've tried most of all of the suggestions related to dual/quad core issues (ie: re-setting target path, changing compatability, etc) but I don't see any specific mentions to Windows 10 issues.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 07-12-2016, 04:53 PM
Heirio
Fire Beetle

I am using Windows 10, AMD FX-8320 CPU. I have tried everything and have yet to be able to load a world. I can select a server and click connect. Then it get to a black screen and stops. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-12-2016, 05:15 PM
Uleat
Developer

Are you using a supported client?

Compilin' Dirty
Old 09-21-2017, 10:12 AM
javewow
Sarnak

Rof Client for

Right clicking on food causes DOWN Client
Old 09-17-2018, 09:58 AM
irongut_av
Fire Beetle

tl;dr; I fixed the "Everquest Crash Notification" RoF2 crash by flashing my bios.

I'm not sure if this is listed elsewhere, but I had a client crash with the ROF2 client + fresh server (no modifications). I was able to log in fine with Titanium, but the ROF2 client would crash when trying to zone in from the character select. I was receiving a popup "Everquest Crash Notification".

This error was due to my Motherboard not detecting the CPU speed properly. I have an I7-4790 @ 3.6ghz, but Windows 10 was only detecting 800mhz. Having seen people have issues with EQ + sub 1ghz CPUs, I flashed my motherboard (Asus Z97-A) to the lasted release. The CPU speed was detected properly by windows, and now I can use the RoF2 client without crashing.
Old 11-19-2018, 01:50 AM
kokey98
Hill Giant

is this still a problem? try win 7 compatibility? i have an older i7 2600k. older z68 mobo type era with a beta uefi bios, lol, but still 4 cores and multiple gens beyond eq needs. runs win7. no OC.

i don't run in any compatibility mode.. maybe a win 7 update fixed this and other winXX did not?

i use a powershell command in my bat files.

PowerShell "ForEach($PROCESS in GET-PROCESS eqgame) { $PROCESS.ProcessorAffinity=15}"

it runs so much better when set affinity to all. based on coretemp, it definitely saves on cpu utilization when running multiple eqgame.exe. it's not just spread out evenly, but lower utilization while running same # of eqgame.exe, and lower temps across the board goes hand-in-hand.

if i could run ~6-8 before, i could probably run 10-12 before nearing cpu 80-100% utilization. it's no small difference. worth the try... fps and aspect ration can cause oddities that could be misunderstood as the multi-core cpu-problem too.
Closed Thread