Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 08-19-2017, 03:11 PM
iamthatis
Fire Beetle

Default VB Zone Converter

I'm working on a VR project, importing some zone files into unity and was looking for VB Zone Converter as talked about on http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28109

Does anyone have an old copy? that's the last piece of the puzzle i need to make it all work.

I have the DZoneConverter but it dosen't export to .pov files. Thank you for your time!!
Old 08-19-2017, 03:19 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Zaela could probably help you - I'll ping him for you
Old 08-19-2017, 05:40 PM
Zaela_S
Hill Giant

I don't have or know anything about VB Zone Converter, sorry.

Looks like I had an old, crappy tool for exporting .s3d-based zones to .obj: link. Unity and any 3D modelling programs should support .obj format. However, it would certainly not capture animated textures or vertex-animated geometry (waving flags, etc). Can't remember if the tool exports static objects (like trees, tents, etc), but I think it does.
Old 08-20-2017, 01:41 AM
ghanja
Dragon

This -might- be what you're looking for. I never got much into graphic assets, but, I am a data hoarder.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...96995724966541

Rename .ddd to .exe (wasn't sure if it was required to circumvent tinyupload's checks or not, if they even care).
Old 08-20-2017, 07:09 PM
iamthatis
Fire Beetle

Thank you all for replying and sharing zone converter programs, i'm adding them to my collection in case i need them in the future, but neither of them export to .pov files. I appreciate it though!
Old 08-22-2017, 01:18 AM
Zaela_S
Hill Giant

I guess my question is: what are you trying to do that needs .pov files specifically? The linked page that mentions VB Zone Converter is all about exporting zones into a modelling program, so I figured an alternative import/export format might suffice...
Old 08-22-2017, 09:49 PM
iamthatis
Fire Beetle

I was following the guide in that link, where it needed pov files, and then use the pov script where i'm pretty sure that will paint all the bmp textures back on the geometry in 3DSMAX, saving me hundreds of hours of work.
Old 09-02-2017, 06:40 PM
Zaela_S
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthatis View Post
I was following the guide in that link, where it needed pov files, and then use the pov script where i'm pretty sure that will paint all the bmp textures back on the geometry in 3DSMAX, saving me hundreds of hours of work.
Yeah. My .obj exporter exports textures and texture coordinates (UVs), so it does that without the need for any special script. Personally, I would consider exporting texture data as kind of a bare-minimum feature for a model exporter...

Quick example using blender:

1) Open S3D Zone Exporter, pick a zone, and select Export > Export as OBJ

2) This will dump all the textures as well as a .obj and .mtl file into the folder you select

3) Fire up your 3D modelling program and find the option to import from .obj:

4) Might need to navigate to and select the .obj file specifically, as in blender...

5) Blender initially shows the zone as grey, untextured blobs, but this is just because of how it handles shading by default. Can show all the textures unshaded by selecting the right option:

Et voilą.
Old 09-02-2017, 09:52 PM
iamthatis
Fire Beetle

......I love you......
Seriously thank you so much for taking the time to post that for me. EQ in VR here we come!!!!
Old 04-22-2019, 05:13 PM
jim001
Fire Beetle

Default S3D Zone Exporter

Hello, can you please tell me where I can download the S3D Zone Exporter?
Old 04-22-2019, 10:36 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim001 View Post
Hello, can you please tell me where I can download the S3D Zone Exporter?
If you look in Zaela_S first post here, the word "link" is still working. If you get a signup box, close it and ignore.
Old 04-22-2019, 11:49 PM
jim001
Fire Beetle

Ah thank you. Sorry I overlooked it