Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 10-11-2009, 04:33 AM
bankersofnorrath
Fire Beetle

Default Hacker Trap ingame event

I was just thinking about how hackers and exploiters really just stuff the game up and as a result I have come up with a bit of an idea to at least make it amusing.

Unfortunately it could have the possibly to encourage hacking on a server just to see it :(

Of course, a “Hacker Trap” would need to be defined and implemented, something which i believe ( I haven’t fully checked yet) implemented a little bit.

Mind map of the event : http://docs.google.com/View?id=df7jtwmh_2hq5gb4mp
Old 10-11-2009, 01:13 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

Uh.. I don't see anywhere what the hacker trap "is", only how to handle after the trap is sprung.. XD
Also you don't even say what is defined as hacking... It doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. :/

Just a lot of steps about how to make a hacker annoyed I guess.

It's pretty simple, once you find a hacker, you IP ban them. If they try to bypass the IP ban, you delete all their characters.

Good game!

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 10-13-2009, 11:08 PM
j0kie_smurf
Fire Beetle

Interesting idea, but I don't know that i would want such an event. honestly, "hacker" or not people might want to try stuff just to trigger it as much as possible. I don't know that that would be good. Entertaining, sure, but probably a bad idea in the long run.
I avoid game crackers by using a variety of checks and blocks and custom rules sets that prevent access to what I want access blocked to. Maybe you want to look into encryption as well. If they want to bypass stuff, they would have to break the encryption first. Just my 2 cents.